Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Urban Shops  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
[Kickstarter] Urban Shops
« on: July 13, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badrollgames/urban-shops-easy-stl-printable-scenery

This scenery is ideal for urban tables of any modern, superhero or even post-apocalyptic wargame with the right paint. Or even to set your role playing games.
All the elements are designed and tested to be printed on a filament printer without the need for any type of supports.
Due to their design they are easy to print and because of their size the prints can be done quite fast.

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
Re: [Kickstarter] Urban Shops
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 06:14:01 PM »
Some people asked us about the size of the Urban Shops (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badrollgames/urban-shops-easy-stl-printable-scenery).
The size of the shops is intended for miniatures of about 35-40mm. If you want to use them with 28-32mm miniatures you must rescale them to 85%.
Here you can see how some miniatures from Zombicide, Dark Age, Punkapocalyptic, Marvel Crisis Protocol and Batman Miniature Game look like.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 09:34:13 AM »
Looks Cool.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 11:31:10 AM »
What I think is so cool about these, is that with minimal tweaking, you could have generic shells and then have the themed signage and details to make any number of shops. For example, the open-fronted ice-cream shop could be any sort of street food shop, a greengrocers/fresh fruit shop, bakery, newsagents, etc.. with a small pack of accessories the customer could print off to add to the main building.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:11 PM »
What I think is so cool about these, is that with minimal tweaking, you could have generic shells and then have the themed signage and details to make any number of shops. For example, the open-fronted ice-cream shop could be any sort of street food shop, a greengrocers/fresh fruit shop, bakery, newsagents, etc.. with a small pack of accessories the customer could print off to add to the main building.
The problem is that they would have to be made much more generic and would have less detail. The footprints or pet food bowls wouldn't make sense if it's not a pet store, in the ice cream shop there are the tubs with ice cream of all flavors....
We preferred buildings with their own personality.
For the future we want to make apartment blocks, and those will have many configurations, since they all have to follow a similar aesthetic.