Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:40:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690461
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alternative bodies compatible with War of the Roses Perry Miniatures (new set)  (Read 61965 times)

Offline Abrasapuentes

• Assistant
I envy you "total artists", capable of painting and sculpting wonderfully. The sculpting is magnificent and having the ability to add a variety of poses to existing ones is always great news. I will follow the progress with great interest.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
I envy you "total artists", capable of painting and sculpting wonderfully. The sculpting is magnificent and having the ability to add a variety of poses to existing ones is always great news. I will follow the progress with great interest.

Thank you.
Generally if you can draw you can sculpt and vice versa. Personally I dont believe in talent. Its just about putting the hours in and I have to put many many more. I consider myself a novice.

Offline SirGromit

• Schoolboy
Please delete old account
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:11:49 AM by SirGromit »

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
These look absolutely fabulous Captain Harlock, would love to buy these if they become available, will watch this with interest.

I remember you did a Burgundian tunic over armour a few years back which was also amazing would you make that available too?

I consider myself a novice.

Your scuplting is masterful i was looking at your Greeks and they are superb too, you are up there with the best scuplting ive ever seen
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:13:11 AM by SirGromit1879 »

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
These look absolutely fabulous Captain Harlock, would love to buy these if they become available, will watch this with interest.

I remember you did a Burgundian tunic over armour a few years back which was also amazing would you make that available too?

Your scuplting is masterful i was looking at your Greeks and they are superb too, you are up there with the best scuplting ive ever seen
Thank you so much for your kind words. I intend to sculpt maybe 3 or 4 full minis, not just bodies, in fancy Romanesque armour and tunic on with the sleeves hanging back etc

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Thank you so much for your kind words. I intend to sculpt maybe 3 or 4 full minis, not just bodies, in fancy Romanesque armour and tunic on with the sleeves hanging back etc

I'm really looking forward to seeing these new sculpts as I suspect many of us are  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
That is pretty cool, I think I would also be down for some of them as well. So how many bodies of that design do you think you will be making?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
That is pretty cool, I think I would also be down for some of them as well. So how many bodies of that design do you think you will be making?

The Romanesque ones will be complete minis because the armor design is incomplete without the same style arms, and the Perrys don’t have something similar in their plastic ranges.
As for the bodies I really don’t know how many I’m going to make finally, really depends on the inspiration. Right now there are 5 different designs. I’m focused on rank and file units and a bit better armed mercenary types. I don’t think that there is any value of doing full harnesses since the Perrys pretty much covered those.

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
your sculpts are absolutly amazing!
how or where did you learned to sculpt folds on fabric that well?
something i completly lack at.

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
I intend to sculpt maybe 3 or 4 full minis, not just bodies, in fancy Romanesque armour and tunic on with the sleeves hanging back etc

That is Brilliant news cannot wait =)!!!!!!!!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
your sculpts are absolutly amazing!
how or where did you learned to sculpt folds on fabric that well?
something i completly lack at.

Thank you!
I think it all comes from drawing. Im a graphic designer and I also like to draw and paint among other stuff. Basically the way Im dealing with it is understanding how the forms of the subject work, and then break them apart in my mind into simple basic shapes that are ''assembled'' and finetuned.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
More beauties!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
The Romanesque ones will be complete minis because the armor design is incomplete without the same style arms, and the Perrys don’t have something similar in their plastic ranges.
As for the bodies I really don’t know how many I’m going to make finally, really depends on the inspiration. Right now there are 5 different designs. I’m focused on rank and file units and a bit better armed mercenary types. I don’t think that there is any value of doing full harnesses since the Perrys pretty much covered those.

Cool, will they have a mostly a leadership, close combat or range weapons focus?
Might I also suggest a few cavalry as well. For I guess light or medium cavalry.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist

Cool, will they have a mostly a leadership, close combat or range weapons focus?
Might I also suggest a few cavalry as well. For I guess light or medium cavalry.
I was thinking of polearms/swords mainly. I mean look at those posh boys, they would probably be afraid of dinging their fancy armor  lol
http://www.pixures.be/web2012bexbach/pages/bxb120994.htm

As for the ''general use'' bodies, Im really open to suggestions if they are coming in a pictorial format even better. Also if there is a certain pose that you believe that is missing from the Perry boxes but would be very useful. Im trying to avoid already existing designs in the plastic boxes, because my aim is for more variety and to be honest the Perry bros really covered many bases.
When it comes to cavalry I think that there might be some space for different poses while riding instead of the sitting straight ones in the boxes. But we will see.

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
Will try and find some photos but got lots of ideas especially from all the Swiss chronicles.

How about a crouching one or even prone. a crouching one would be so useful for seiges and ambushes or even running g/charging with handgun/crossbow

Can imagine medeival skirmishes with ranged weapons might of been not so different to today's skirmishes