Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fifty shades of pike grey- scifi models in 28mm  (Read 23841 times)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Fifty shades of pike grey- scifi models in 28mm
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2023, 11:51:14 PM »
Those are nice and sharp.  Well done
Thank you!

And now some Imperium: hunting dogs and their handlers. A Konflikt 47 British war dog set, I just changed the handlers a little bit, and added some more dogs from Volsung (the basset hounds) and Eden (the ones with the scarf).

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2023, 10:21:41 PM »
They look great! Love the outfits on those handlers - they're well suited for managing the hounds. They remind me of the big training suits police forces use when teaching their dogs to savage people. Your colour scheme comes out great on those two in particular - they call to mind the City 17 civil protection guys from the Half Life games, which can only be a good thing.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2023, 07:12:44 PM »
They look great! Love the outfits on those handlers - they're well suited for managing the hounds. They remind me of the big training suits police forces use when teaching their dogs to savage people. Your colour scheme comes out great on those two in particular - they call to mind the City 17 civil protection guys from the Half Life games, which can only be a good thing.

Thank you! As I wrote, they are from a Konflikt 47 set, the handlers basically just got a head swap, a holstered autopistol and a pauldron. I liked them basically exactly for that dog trainer suit, I decided to keep them for the dogs. (They originally had Brodie helmets)

I have a hunter guy in the Rogue trader retinue shown on the first page, these dogs were originally intended to be his hunting dogs. Well, they still could be, I might need a more hunter-y looking handler.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2023, 09:12:24 PM »
Wow, I had honestly assumed that they were just stock - that's a seamless change. Nice job, as always! As you say, I think the tougher looking dogs suit the rough-looking handlers a little better than the aristocrat type. 

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2023, 05:15:42 PM »
What heads are those on the handlers? They really do look rather Combine-esque.

Love efforts and this latest geezer looks awesome!

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2023, 02:14:43 PM »
Wow, I had honestly assumed that they were just stock - that's a seamless change. Nice job, as always! As you say, I think the tougher looking dogs suit the rough-looking handlers a little better than the aristocrat type. 
The dogs from the Eden range have peg legs, maybe not obvious on the pictures, yes, those are not the aristorcratic hunting types :)
What heads are those on the handlers? They really do look rather Combine-esque.
Both heads are my sculpts, I casted them in several pieces, handy both for Vraks-like Chaos milita figures and conversions like these two. The right one on the unpainted picture is based on the Hungarian Army 70M gas mask, yes, it is a lot like the Combine troops in Hal Life. The real colour is also this light grey mask with the green filter, I kept it as I have enough dark coloured bitz on my models without painting gasmasks rubber black too.
Love efforts and this latest geezer looks awesome!
Thanks! He is an older model of mine, I just did not have any pics of him here. Here is an unpaited picture showing what the conversion is made of:

And now something completely new: a Predator. A delicate resin mini of an unknown manufacturer, he is originally scuba diving, but I painted him that way that it can be an underwater scene and also simply jumping around in a forest.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2023, 10:17:29 PM »
40k civilians also need some vehicle to go to work their 16hrs shifts in the tank factory, and sometimes the passenger capacity of a Chimaera is just not enough.
So I made them this bus, a Russian-made diecast model of an old Soviet PAZ-672 bus, but has a really cool retro style. I added a driver and some weathering. Lots of weathering.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2023, 11:14:38 PM »
Like that bus.

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2023, 02:30:12 PM »
Good idea  :)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »
Thanks, guys! Pro tip for weathering diecast vehicles: start with a coat of Purity Seal spray (mask the windows), it will make the paint matte (=worn looking) instead of that glossy shine they come with.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:49:29 PM by Freddy »

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2023, 07:49:12 PM »
Some small army updates. Soldier with command radio- the soldier is my sculpt (used it for conscripts), the radio is a mix of  cadian one and some plasticard.

New radios for some old soldiers

And some plasma gun backpacks. In some squads I do not have any special weapon troopers but some guys with magnetized backpacks, I add the special equipment in form of a backpack.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2023, 12:54:02 AM »
Man, smart idea with the backpacks! Love the plasma glow too.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2023, 07:59:59 PM »
Man, smart idea with the backpacks! Love the plasma glow too.
Thanks! For the squads, I like to keep them a stable group, i started the backpack thing when I had to add flamers to a lasgun-only group. I just magnetized the back of one of the figures and added the flamer backpack. An extra lasgun on a spec weapon guy usually does not spark extra wyswyg debates.
The plasma glow was made with artist oil blue. Much glowier than GW washes.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2023, 10:49:23 PM »
This figure started as a failed sculpt, but I brought him back with some green stuff and marine scout bitz. He is a desert sniper, but the a-hole type hunting innocent, unarmed travellers for their stuff.

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2023, 01:48:39 PM »
Great! I particularly like this sniper, he's very inspirational to me.  :)