Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crimson Skies: Shootout over Manhattan  (Read 23731 times)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Crimson Skies: Shootout over Manhattan
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
Thats about the  going rate for the FASA  rules  theyre long out of print and much sort after  Was watching one recently on ebay it went for $50 but with postage it was $70

LOL nah. Was just at the Fall In and there were 6 people selling their copies of the rules form $2 to $10 to $20 with a buttload of planes for the ride. I noticed cause there was so much interests just before i left for the con. Were they mint? Nope. Were any of them all beat up to hell including the $2 set? Nope. I picked up the one set to read over. If i decide against i will let the populace here know and resell them for what i paid for. Did i also try and speak to the sellers and play middle man for people here on LAF? Yeppers. But at the end of the day there weer none left that needed to be sold. :-)

Grimm

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
I've seen the clix based game being sold that cheaply . last year there was a boxful of aircraft( at least 15) +rules foe a tenner at one of the newark shows. But havent seen the Fasa box set for less than Ģ35 on its own.
Looks like you came across a bargain at Fall in
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:40:28 PM by dexter »

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
LOL nah. Was just at the Fall In and there were 6 people selling their copies of the rules form $2 to $10 to $20 with a buttload of planes for the ride. I noticed cause there was so much interests just before i left for the con. Were they mint? Nope. Were any of them all beat up to hell including the $2 set? Nope. I picked up the one set to read over. If i decide against i will let the populace here know and resell them for what i paid for. Did i also try and speak to the sellers and play middle man for people here on LAF? Yeppers. But at the end of the day there weer none left that needed to be sold. :-)

Grimm

I bought the $10 copy! Wish I had seen the $2 one.  ;)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:07 AM »
I bought the $10 copy! Wish I had seen the $2 one.  ;)

Mine, mine i saw. My precious.   :-)

Grimm

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Love this.
Gonna buy some airfix plane kits and kit bash for some fighters.

Steve

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
Love this.
Gonna buy some airfix plane kits and kit bash for some fighters.

Steve

looking forward to seeing the results!

dex

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
Cheers dex get em up soon.
Might just build the planes the where there sposed to be and use the rules for a proper mish mash air combat game

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
Well, This is a pretty old thread, but I just today lost my virginity to this site. I havn't known of this untill today. I think I have found a new home, or atleast Nirvana.
BTW, I bought my boxed set of FASA rules 6 years ago on EBAY and w/ shipping it was well over $70-75.
I'd like to hear, or see how you made that L128.
I hane quite a few free paper models from www.currell.net. R101, R100 The Russian Dirigble "Giant" working on the Graf Zeppelin, The proposed but never built Vickers Trans oceanic cruise ship, but they are all a good deal smaller than half of that you show in your pix. I'd love to make one that big, but can't find anything good to start with.

BTW I mostly play the Clix ver., but love the FASA one also.

Additional BTW; Wieseman has said that Tinker and Smith aren't planning a new CS anytime soon, but he'd love an experienced Game company to come along and do one. check out www.montanaraiders.com  The kid who started the site, Grant, scored an intervieqw with Jordan back around Christmas last year. We all asked questions anf JW answered them. it was sorta kwel!

Later fellow Pb heads!
Quality has a quantity of its own
FIAWOL!
Br549

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »
It looks a lot like the free ones I mentioned, but they don't come any where near as big as that one. Is that stock, or did you enlarge it in any fashion?

The lines where the sections go together look mostly exactly like the joins on the Currell ones.
I print those out from the site, glue stick them to poster papewr from Dollar General or Wal Mart and cut & paste

Great to get to know you. Since the Wiz Kids site went dark I have lost touch with almost everyone who plays CS. (I know WK is back up, but they don't have CS on it anymore, nor a forum that I can see.

Again great to get to know yall! :)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
It looks a lot like the free ones I mentioned, but they don't come any where near as big as that one. Is that stock, or did you enlarge it in any fashion?

The lines where the sections go together look mostly exactly like the joins on the Currell ones.

It came printed onto several sheets of stiff cardboard to be cut out and glued together section by section. It was at scale (1/2oo).

Offline StorminWolf

• Assistant
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
Hi longtime CS Player, i also had some of th zeppelins from schreiber, they're much cheaper here ranging from 10 to 18 euros.
the 10 euro versions are easier to build.

sadly mine didn't survive an ex girlfriend, but i'm planning onto getting new ones and build an modify them again for some Crimson Skies fun.

The link of the producer:
http://www.schreiber-bogen.de/

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
Hey Stormin' Wolf, Glad to know you. Meby we already know each other? I'm Parriah everywhere I knew a Woelf on the Wiz Kids site.
If not, try
www.montanaraiders.com.
Grant who runs the site is a good kid and his regular posters are nearly as CS crazy as I.

Offline StorminWolf

• Assistant
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
never played the wizkids variant but gave mwda a try a long time ago.
Montanaraider i know off and already posted ther a introduction post.
so:
glad to meet and check you six Sir ;)

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »
Clear skies!
Later fellow Pb heads!