Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691046
  • Total Topics: 118365
  • Online Today: 809
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plynkes' Five Leagues Thread  (Read 15358 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: Plynkes' Five Leagues Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2024, 03:41:04 AM »
Looking forward to further piddling!

I think our halflings were happier behind a crossbow and foraging for magical berries and rabbit pelts! :D

Dean: I posted in the Facebook Fan page 5L Files section suggestions for the miniatures you will want for a campaign. Also, there're some mini-cards to track inventory in the Files. I just printed them as needed and mounted to manila folders. I also suggest you get the second armor setup, which has rare armor that's hard to find, even if you have the money.
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • I'd rather be gaming!
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2024, 03:23:31 PM »
Thanks for that!

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2024, 03:02:26 PM »
Great fun, been watching some 5 Parsecs videos on Youtube, this is great stuff, definitely veering to 5 Leagues...

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2024, 09:10:23 PM »
Painted up a bit of new stuff, for an upcoming encounter...

Woodland Folk

We have a fight coming with the Fey. While these are what pass for elves in our world, they aren't of a Tolkien sort, ones who heroically fight dark lords and when they aren't doing that sit around singing. These are the creepy, scary Fey straight out of folklore, ready to steal your babies and sour your milk at the drop of a hat. The large Entish chap is not actually involved, but I thought I'd include him in the picture because he fits thematically.

Our officer figure, some kind of a witch-queen, I imagine.

I've had these Foundry figures for a very long time, since they came out in fact. But I never really found a use for them, apart from one LPL entry many years ago. Glad to have finally got some paint on them. Not entirely pleased with how they came out, but I was getting a bit fed up painting them and probably rushed things a bit in the end. They'll look fine on the tabletop I'm sure though, the camera is, as we know, always a harsh mistress.

Went for a look inspired by the Dryads from the Witcher books. While in the books they are never described as green nudie women, that seems to be be a thing that has sprung from the video games, I quite like the look and I think it suits these figures.

Tree Men. They are called that because there are tree of them, obviously.

Just to round things off, some various game aids, tokens and such...

Some spare quivers from the bits box, which make Out of Ammo counters.

These are Unknown Enemy markers. If you are familiar with the Space Hulk sensor blip counters from back in the day, well they are that, more or less. I painted them in shades of grey and black to give the impression of a half-glimpsed shadow. Or something.

We finally have paint on our Turn Track Lady. She has been waiting to take to the field for a LONG time.  :) Galadriel can go back to gazing into her washing-up basin and frightening Hobbits now if she wants to. Though to be honest, Galadriel makes a pretty good Our Lady of the Veils, so I might actually keep her on, which means I'll have to find a new use for this figure. I guess she can be an officer/personality for one of the factions, or maybe even a new team member if we get any.

Will post the latest battle reports soon, still haven't got around to editing the photos.  :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:12:01 PM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • I'd rather be gaming!
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2024, 09:18:28 PM »
Great stuff! Looking forward to the report.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2024, 12:44:37 AM »
Nice to see the Foundry nymphs show up, I love the leader models for them. I've only managed to paint a few up.

Love the skin colors you picked!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2024, 03:08:05 AM »
Good move with the enemy markers.

I took a large base, large enough for some enemies, and stuck them on the base with a Reaper familiar figure. Once the enemy marker converted, I'd then determine who showed up!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2024, 01:33:13 PM »

Stellar. All of it. Where is the above mini from?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2024, 01:48:48 PM »
Great stuff. I have some of the Conquest Tree people in my DR army. :) I like the way you have painted the Foundry Elves, I might steal that idea! :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2024, 07:47:47 PM »
Stellar. All of it. Where is the above mini from?

There is a Ragnarok-themed board game called 'Blood Rage' that I have robbed for fantasy figures before (my Frost Giant from the LPL a few years ago was one). This particular one is from a supplement for that game called 'Gods of Asgard' and is meant to be the Norse goddess Frigg.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2024, 09:11:08 PM »
I'm very much enjoying your adventures. Very excited to see Fiona make an appearence, will Shrek and maybe Donkey follow.

Only joshing, those Foundry figs show their age but you've done a good job on them, but that shield bearing lady is gorgeous, really great face on her.

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2024, 12:27:47 PM »

Tree Men. They are called that because there are tree of them, obviously.
Terrible. lol lol lol

Honestly though, I absolutely adore all of these. Always cool to see some creepier more feylike elves, and you’ve certainly done justice to them. I love the idea of Unknown Enemy markers too, I might have to do the same :D

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2024, 10:41:21 PM »
As you may recall, our intrepid band had tracked a group of Mano Rosso banditti back to their camp...

The banditti camp made for a pleasant scene, situated among the trees and near an old crumbling tower. Things would not stay pleasant for long, though.

Iago and his followers hastily put a plan together. Brom and Wicklow Pottler would provide ranged support from a small knoll, while Morgaunt would do the same from the cover of some trees. Iago, Sir Godfrey and Neville would, er... just charge and get stuck in. That always works, right?

Among the bandits' number were more deserters from Baron Raymondo's guard. Would they prove more of a challenge than the last lot we faced?

No, not really. It was beginning to dawn on everyone that the Baron's soldiers' fiercesome reputation had been rather overstated, no doubt earned by pushing peasants around and abusing the travelling folk. Iago and Sir Godfery were soon hacking them down in familiar fashion.

The camp was almost in our hands, with most of the bandits cut down or fleeing. But once again, fate decided to intervene just as we were getting cocky. It seemed that at least one of the deserters had been worth his pay before taking up the bandit life, for he had charged up the knoll to take on Brom and Pottler. He made at them with great ferocity, swinging his halberd back and forth with abandon.

Brom let out a cry of despair as he saw the young Halfing go down under a storm of heavy blows.

The others were mopping up the last of the bandits in the camp, and their thoughts were turning to plunder when they heard Brom's cry.

With a high-pitched scream of "You utter, utter bastard!" Brom laid low the assailant of his comrade. He then screamed to his companions,

"He's dead! He's dead! He's bloody dead!"

Soon they all came running. In no time Frater Sandro the monk was on the scene, calling for his curatives and poultices.

*Come back to us, come back to us lad!"

Had Pottler's rash eagerness to pursue and destroy the bandits cost him his life? (Personally I blame Iago with all his pompous religiosity) Had our plucky little wizardlet slung his last spell? Find out soon...

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2024, 01:16:44 AM »
Oh no! Poor Pottler.  Talk about a cliffhanger ending!
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • I'd rather be gaming!
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2024, 10:15:29 AM »
Seriously? To be continued? Damn you!  :'(

“How do you keep an idiot in suspense?”, “I’ll tell you tomorrow”.   lol