Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: post apocalyptic figures in 28mm  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: post apocalyptic figures in 28mm
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »
Apologies for the confusion.

Still, EM4 are simply the best resource for 28mm Post Apocalypse and near future SF. Recommended.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »
...and seconded (or thirded, or whatever). The EM4 range has two lines which are particularly post-apocalyptic:
the Savages (11 different models)
http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/SAVAGES.html

and the Scavengers (8 different models)
http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/SCAVENGERS.html

The lines aren't huge but the models can be converted and you can also convert other EM4 models to savages (bikers are quite suitable for this) or scavengers (rebels are quite suitable for this). You can see my take on the savages here:
http://combatzonechronicles.net/cozoxb/punks.htm

After this bunch I made more conversions which will be featured in the Chronicles (along with their rides) in the future. My cousin (FM on this forum) made some great scavenger conversions which should appear in the Chronicles in the future as well.

Pimping aside, I can also recommend the Kallistra set: four good looking scavenger models, five savage/biker/mercenary types and one pimp for a small price. I made some piccies of those models with an EM4 savage for comparison:

They're a bit larger but quite nice.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »
I'll add another plug for www.ramshacklegames.co.uk.

Curtis (the owner) could not be more helpful and will give all sorts of good goodies and customisation if you ask for it. For example, I got discounted postage because of a mistake on his end and a massive stack of bits and pieces for only a few pounds. Also, in the course of ten or so emails he was very happy to custom mould certain models (he offered to mould a bike sans rider for conversion and also include an unmodified model at no extra charge).

The models are really quite characterful (check the website) and the vehicles stand out particularly well for post apocalyptic gaming. They're really well priced as well. The postage is a little more if you don't live in England but speak to Curtis and he will work with you on it I'm sure.

Pete