Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kidnapping in Little Snoring - AAR  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Kidnapping in Little Snoring - AAR
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2024, 04:35:45 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to comment, really appreciate it
Cheers

Michi that's one of my top 10 songs if all time.

Digits the women and children in white head scarves are Uncle Bill western figures, I think he might have passed the range on to someone else. There are some Black Scorpion Western and Pirates in there as well..

Eric I'm very impressed with the Conflict buildings, all recent acquisitions I might repaint the daube a more buff, mud colour, but then again, I might not. The backdrop makes it look as if I have more buildings than I really have.

Nick I recently found a new copy of Witchfinder General and tried them out. I usually use my version of 2 Hour Wargames for everything but the WFG rules gave me a similar game. The guy running away, that sort of thing. I quite liked the fight where both men suffered wounds and were out of the game.

Thanks again to Mr Yellow belly who was my original inspiration.
Cheers

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2024, 08:44:06 AM »
A fabulous AAR.  :D

I look forward to finding out what happens next!

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2024, 02:48:37 AM »
Very entertaining read - loved it! The characters make it come to life.  :-*

Mike Demana

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2024, 12:23:57 PM »
Gorgeous  :-*

Love the blood spatters. So much better than day-glo plastic tokens ;)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2024, 08:51:48 PM »
A wonderfully entertaining encounter.  Excellent looking table.
Painted:  2024: 170; 2023: 37; 2022: 56

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2024, 02:20:36 AM »
Lovely.  Lovely, I tell ya.  Well done, lad!

Snapcase is a lucky little bugger.  Curious as to those "hard eyes" watching these events...
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2024, 04:56:40 PM »
Thanks again for the supportive comments, strangely enough I'm waiting for rain so I can add the next chapter in this particular Snapcase saga.

However as I intimated, I finally managed to buy a copy of the Witchfinder General rules and the hard eyes from the edge of town are not human eyes at all and so the story will continue on the Gothic Horror board.

Thanks again.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 09:50:26 AM »
the hard eyes from the edge of town are not human eyes at all and so the story will continue on the Gothic Horror board.

Mind the “Snappies” - men eating demons dwelling in the Dartmoor, often mistaken for ponies from a distance…
There are rumours about a relation to the Snapcase family, who brought forth a certain summoner and occultist a couple of centuries ago. His name is long forgotten, but the peasants remember that of his man servant “Old Scrotum”…

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 11:18:06 AM »
Lovely little town - and love the use of the backdrop with its flat buildings (model railroad product?).  Didn't notice until mentioned but quite effective.  Not sure if I didn't notice right off due to focus on the figures or because I'm still recovering from the 8 hour time difference between England and home (California) - it's 3:15 AM as I type here but my body is till confused and wonders if it is actually 11:15 AM.

Always a challenge to accumulate adequate unarmed civilian figures for most (all?) periods so 'out of period' but workable figures should always be forgiven. 

The considered partial repaint of buildings  might be worth the effort but might not - especially if the 3D buildings no longer blend so well with the 'flats'.  Hmm, maybe a 'flat' of Notre Dame will be the answer for my dilemma of using that edifice in Three Musketeers games! 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 11:25:40 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 11:10:11 PM »
...men eating demons..."

"...men eating demons..."?   I didn't know demons were edible...was there supposed to be a hyphen there, or were the men actually eating demons?  ;D

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 11:53:53 PM »
His name is long forgotten, but the peasants remember that of his man servant “Old Scrotum”…
lol lol
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2024, 09:26:06 AM »
"...men eating demons..."?   I didn't know demons were edible...was there supposed to be a hyphen there, or were the men actually eating demons?  ;D

Those are succubae of course.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2024, 05:01:05 PM »
Great looking table, John, as always. At what point in the narrative (excellent, btw) did the actual game start- rolling dice etc? And once that kicked off, how long did it take to complete - number of turns is what I’m thinking of?

Finally, we must consider the Snapcase problem. Throughout history (and up to the present day, some maintain) this family has spread alarm, confusion, wickedness, drunkenness (above all, drunkenness) across the land. I am reminded of that unspeakable distant relative, Hilary Snapcase-Mosley who behaved so abominably during the aftermath of the abdication. When will the blot on the landscape that this family represents be erased?

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2024, 07:06:26 PM »
Mind the “Snappies” - men eating demons dwelling in the Dartmoor, often mistaken for ponies from a distance…
There are rumours about a relation to the Snapcase family, who brought forth a certain summoner and occultist a couple of centuries ago. His name is long forgotten, but the peasants remember that of his man servant “Old Scrotum”…

"Beware the Snappies", I think you might have created a new line of horrors in old English folklaw, akin to the barghests I've no doubt.

15's the back drop was a photo I took of a row of the buildings, printed and stuck on a bit of card, my printer is pretty naff and you can see the colour difference which I tried, unsuccessfully to hid.
Hope you enjoyed your trip to Britain.

Cotn Jim, I'm surprised you didnt realize demons were edible, when I  was a little nipper we loved them toasted, or on special days, grilled.

Doug, you've rather exposed the flaw in me calling it an AAR as at least 50% was back story, and really this game was to provide background for the game I actually planned.  That is the hard eyes from the edge of town game.
As and when I get to write that, it will also be a lot of fluff because I  rolled some rather lucky, or unlucky dice, depending whose side you favoured and it was a fairly short game but will hopefully be a good story. ;)

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2024, 10:28:58 PM »
Superb town and figures!  :o :o And excellent, lovely story.  :) :)