Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Figures in caped duster?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Figures in caped duster?
« on: March 06, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Any figures in this style of duster?

Isn't there an ACW coat/cape that's similar?
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Figures in caped duster?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
Isn't there an ACW coat/cape that's similar?

Yes there is

As for a figure with this kind of coat I only find this one (on the left) from Blue Moon Manufacturing

A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »
Artizan Doc Holliday has a cloak, not sure whether you could convert it into a duster?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
Yes there is

Thanks Calimero, I'd forgotten about Blue Moon's range. Not a big fan but worth looking at.

Artizan Doc Holliday has a cloak, not sure whether you could convert it into a duster?

It's actually a coat thrown over one shoulder. Nice figure though as I have it.

ACW figs may work as I'm going to be converting weapons etc anyway. Redoubt do a small selection http://www.redoubtenterprises.com/shop/?page=shop/browse&category_id=29db73d6ba6c5320b0457420a46b2af0

Any other ACW ranges that have them? Renegade and Perry don't and while the Redoubt ones look okay I need some in standard 'advancing' poses and not the really irritating 'shouldered arms' pose. In an ideal world I'd like them to have open coats too but that's less important.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
Come on man, its a cape - get the greenstuff out and make what you want. All those Artizan and Balck Scorpion figs in dusters are screaming out for it. :D
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »
Thanks Calimero, I'd forgotten about Blue Moon's range. Not a big fan but worth looking at.

It's actually a coat thrown over one shoulder. Nice figure though as I have it.

ACW figs may work as I'm going to be converting weapons etc anyway. Redoubt do a small selection http://www.redoubtenterprises.com/shop/?page=shop/browse&category_id=29db73d6ba6c5320b0457420a46b2af0

Any other ACW ranges that have them? Renegade and Perry don't and while the Redoubt ones look okay I need some in standard 'advancing' poses and not the really irritating 'shouldered arms' pose. In an ideal world I'd like them to have open coats too but that's less important.

I am sure Foudnry have some amongst their Missouri raiders sets

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
There's this pack from Foundry

Irritatingly only one pose but as I'm likely to head swap and weapon swap that's possibly less of an issue than normal. Would become more of an issue if I expanded on them though.

Karl, you're right, there's this guy who'd make for a decent 'character' fig.

Actually, as I go through there are several in the Foundry Old West sets, irritatingly only one per pack but you can never have enough cowboys right?

Come on man, its a cape - get the greenstuff out and make what you want. All those Artizan and Balck Scorpion figs in dusters are screaming out for it. :D

That's my fall back position but if I can save time by working on figures that're almost there then so much the better.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »
There's this pack from Foundry

Irritatingly only one pose but as I'm likely to head swap and weapon swap that's possibly less of an issue than normal. Would become more of an issue if I expanded on them though.

Then get this one instead:

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
Ooh, how did I miss that one? I went through every page, or so I thought.

The kneeling figures would be useful, the firing I can work into a different squad, the 3 loading, I'm not sure what I'd do with. I'm sure something would come up, as long as I don't end up with 9 of them or something  :?

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 01:32:05 AM »
I have to chime in on the Green Stuff band wagon here. Rather than kill yourself hunting down a few figs with caped dusters, make one on any guy in a long coat. A little flat bit of green or grey stuff will fit the bill just fine.

-Eli

"I See Lead People"

Visit I SEE LEAD PEOPLE!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
The problem is more in poses. These figs will be used to make Deadlands Wasatch troops, so there'll be quite a few weird weapons added and any that are armed 'normally' will have Winchesters.

This pack from Black Scorpion is about the only one that comes with everyone wearing a long coat but they tower over my other figs and the poses are rather restrictive for troops.

For character figs etc I may well greenstuff some in.

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »
Yes, Foundry "Reb Newton" mounted and dismounted figure.

+ Foundry packs OW2/1, OW2/7, OW3/2, OW3/3 each have ! mounted + dismounted figure in a caped coat, which could be painted as dusters.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/OW/2/index.asp

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/OW/3/index.asp
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:41:33 PM by Galloping Major »