Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Vampire Gaming Update 5/10  (Read 12476 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Modern Vampire Gaming
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »
My dear Sir thank you ever so much for the comparison picture! I see that the Hasselfree adventures are indeed on the small side. So I'll stick to “teenage” types and the kids. Is that a RAMF modern adventurers figure there? I thought they were 32mm but it appears to be 29mm or so. That's good to know.

Yes that's true of all of reaper's stuff. Some of my Reaper pirates are true 28mm while my pirate queen is a monstrous 32mm!

It looks like Foundry has the same issues.

Rob

Foundry is not quite so bad as Reaper, but it can occur. The RAFM model is one of the Modern Adventurers line - I think they fit quite well with any of the other lines.

And Hasslefree, while somewhat truer to the 28mm scale, are so well sculpted as a whole that no-one in their right mind would notice or care - especially with the females, because the size seems truer to life, and the Foundry line seems to think all women are under 5'6".

"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
Please do!!  I'd love to swipe a few ideas.... ;D

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
@Sinewgrab:

Where's the third model from left from please? It says 'Foundry underneath, but I couldn't find it on their web page.

Also, very useful photo - thank you! :D

Offline Spong

• Bookworm
  • We can't stop here...
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
I believe that model is from the Street Violence range, part of the 'Outlaw Trash' gang and you can find it under the 'Down on the Killing Floor' section of Foundry's site.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/SV/2/index.asp

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
Aha, well spotted! Thank you :)

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
Interesting cant wait to see the results.

Steve

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 07:30:24 PM »
@Sinewgrab:

Where's the third model from left from please? It says 'Foundry underneath, but I couldn't find it on their web page.

Also, very useful photo - thank you! :D

She was from the Street Violence range...Outlaw trash, I think.

EDIT: Um yeah, what they said.  :D

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
Might want to take a look at Musketeer Miniatures "night stalker" and "big kris" ;)
They certainly don't look anything like a famous half vampire and the guy who raided him...

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:24 AM »
Please do!!  I'd love to swipe a few ideas.... ;D
You needn't swipe, I plan to make the game available when I'm done. As for the back ground here's a brief  overview of the different vampire factions. Vampires do not control the mortal world out right, but they do have the ability to push it in whatever direction they choose. They do however exert direct control of all the major cities. They control the city government the police, the politicians, unions, even the mob bosses. These Vampires are known as the Vampire Conspiracy. They hide in plain sight so to speak. Think of them like the vampire villains in the Blade and Underworld films. The mortal world knows their out their, society can feel their pull, but they're told it's the Freemasons, the CIA, the mob; anything but the truth. I'll be using leather jumpsuit clad “hunters”, SWAT types, MIBs and the “night stalker” to represent this faction. (Don't tell Blade.) The next group is know as the Society of Blood. They once belonged to the Vampire Conspiracy, but they've broken away from them. They want to rule the mortal cities openly as a vampire elite. They have sponsored numerous books and movies, which portray vampires as awe inspiring and cool. These works have spawned the “vampire subculture” wherein mortals aspire to be vampires. These deluded souls make up the bulk of the Society's human cannon fodder. The Society of Blood is currently battling the Vampire Conspiracy for control of the cities. I intend to use goth/punk/fetish figures from Dark Age and Foundry to represent the Society of Blood. The final faction calls themselves the Children of the Night. Vampires from the other factions  consider them relics and often refer to them as Draculas. The Children of the Night are not an organized faction in the sense that the other too are. They are a loose affiliation of ancient vampires who have been walking the Earth before the existence of the United States of America. They are a product of a bygone age. They know themselves to be spirits of darkness, cursed, and they revel in it. They uphold the ancient traditions, live their unlives in accordance with the old tales. The Vampire Conspiracy instituted a purge of these individualist vampires decades ago. Little did they know that these ancients communicate with each other. They are often traveling to and from one of their many secret lairs. When they do they will visit their peers along the way. The assassinations have been discovered; pacts have been made in long forgotten crypts; the Vampire Conspiracy will learn the meaning of fear. I plan to use Reaper and West Wind Vampires for the Children of the Night.

Might want to take a look at Musketeer Miniatures "night stalker" and "big kris" ;)
They certainly don't look anything like a famous half vampire and the guy who raided him...

I've seen them thank you. They are nice, but a helpful gentleman on this forum has just sent me West Winds er... “Night Stalker” from their Road Kill line. So I think I'm fixed for day walker er... night stalkers at the moment.
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=924&osCsid=bbb81d218938c3a6078ced541baebe6d

Rob

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 08:49:26 AM »
And then, there is also this cool gal from Copplestone:

and many from Hasslefree, like this one:

Your project sounds cool, anyway. Keep us updated!

A.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »

I hadnt seen "Big Kris" before, he is sweet.  I must up that figure at some point.

My own Underworld vampire project has the Copplestone, Hasslefree and pair of unarmed Reaper figures shown above plus the Foundry Hardwire Troupe.  I reckon that they will work out well as hi-tech modern vamps.

Picture from Foundry website

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 12:26:36 PM »
@Achab The Hasselfree figure is on my "to get" list.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »
I hadnt seen "Big Kris" before, he is sweet.  I must up that figure at some point.

My own Underworld vampire project has the Copplestone, Hasslefree and pair of unarmed Reaper figures shown above plus the Foundry Hardwire Troupe.  I reckon that they will work out well as hi-tech modern vamps.

Picture from Foundry website

Which unarmed Reaper figures?

I've decided not to include the Hardwire Troupe. I'm getting these:
Picture from the Foundry website

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »
Which unarmed Reaper figures?

The guys below.  I want them for use in Buffy style games, where vampires dont tend to carry firearms.  I also want them to look modern.  A little Goth-y is fine but I dont really want too many that are wearing evening gowns or formal wear.

Picture from the Reaper site.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »
Rob, if it is helpful, I can take some side-by-side pics of Dark Age figures with figures from other companies. I'll try to do this tonight and post them here tomorrow.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway