Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689809
  • Total Topics: 118297
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Songs of Stillburg - Ghost added 150117, Pg 12  (Read 56092 times)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Songs of Stillburg - Ghost added 150117, Pg 12
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »
Never posted any minis here on LAF before, but here's my first mini in a "warband" for Song of Blades & Heroes. I've put together a series of scenarios where my cousin will play the adventurers and I'll play the various opponents. The setting is Old World-ish, but as my GW fluff-fu is pretty weak I'll be making things up as I go along. The story begins in the small town of Stillburg, which will serve as a base for the campaign and the old Stillburg cemetary is also the place of the first encounter, where the dead rise.

So, here's the first guy from the adventurers warband. An old Citadel barbarian, who usually has a shield - but I carved off the peg. What self respecting Barbarian runs around with a shield? I'm getting back into painting minis, so a bit rusty. Disappointed with the skin, turned out very flat. Will work great for gaming though, so I won't make any apologies. Instead, I try to hide it with a shoddy photo. ;)

Raab - Human Barbarian. 39 pts. Q4+, C4. Fearless, Savage.
Professional sword for hire. Long time friend and companion of Aldor Berlepsch.
Not the brightest, but fiercly loyal to Aldor and will protect Aldor at any cost.

I've made small write ups like this of the four main characters, as a guideline for how to play them. To make up for the fixed warbands, I'll let my cousin "hire" allies (the core characters only make up roughly 200 pts), and his performance during the games will dictate which allies are available. I'm seriously pumped about this! =)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:18:34 AM by phreedh »
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Songs of the Stillburg heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
Sounds (and looks) good. I like the idea of an ongoing campaign. So keep us informed!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »
Will be following this thread...

Great mini and too right about the shield!  >:(

Never been great at humie flesh meself (green's the best!) but not bad at all!

Love the sound of the narrative you have for your campaign - sounds like an Old World version of Eerie Indiana - if anyone remembers that TV series?

Anyway sounds like your cousin's in for a treat - looking forward to seeing Aldor to...  :D

Nice terrain too by the way!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »
Cheers guys! Hopefully it won't be too long before I've got all the minis I need. Most undead are in the post as we speak (allegedly) and I have the Mayor + militia on his way too. The candidates for Aldor Berlepsch (imperial trapper/ranger of a more feral kind) should also be en route.

Still looking for a nice jovial friar model and a knight templar of sorts, as well as three metal zombies:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=17873.0

If push comes to shove, I'll have to resort to plastic D&D zombies. :(

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »
Don't you dare resort to plastic DnDs ;)

Hold out, the perfect lead zombies are waiting for you on the ebay.

Nice Barbarian, so much flesh but I don't think it looks too flat at all. We need to see his friends though.

I have a mini campaign running with my brother and I have a band of adventures, funny how Song of has breathed new life into so many old miniatures. It should get recognition as a green product all the recycling it is helping with..

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »
Cheers Erny, after that stern but motivational remark I'll try harder to find metal zeds. Any nice looking fantasy zombies will do, as long as they have a retro feel.

The postie will dictate what comes next; skeletons or player characters. Stay tuned! =) I've got an old skull chucker ready for painting, but it's not for the first scenario... if nothing comes in today or tomorrow, I'll probably paint that up over the weekend if time and the Mrs permits. It's her b'day today - only way for me to get any painting done today is to get her plastered at the dinner. =)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »

Raab looks cool. 

The flesh looks fine to me too.  I have never settled on a caucasian flesh tone that I like over the years for some reason.  Like Thantsants I always have some issue or another with painting it.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how the Stillburg heroes get on.

Cheers Erny, after that stern but motivational remark I'll try harder to find metal zeds. Any nice looking fantasy zombies will do, as long as they have a retro feel.

I put up a few metal figure links on the other thread.

only way for me to get any painting done today is to get her plastered at the dinner. =)

Smooth ;)

Im no guidance counsellor, but putting the paints to one side on Mrs Cheetors birthday has always worked out for the best for me...

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
Im no guidance counsellor, but putting the paints to one side on Mrs Cheetors birthday has always worked out for the best for me...
Sound advise, mate. =)

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
Yeah, there are way better things to be doing with a plastered misses. And its here birthday.

I reckon my pair would be taken out of her hand bag and put in the blender if I tried the painting on one of her special days.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
Yeah, there are way better things to be doing with a plastered misses.

Like enjoying the peace and quiet?

Or have I got the  wrong end of the stick ;)

I reckon my pair would be taken out of her hand bag and put in the blender

Either that or she'd find a new home for your brushes...  :o

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
As the postie and select LAFers are dawdling (;D) I had to grab something from the lead pile yesterday morning. It's an old Citadel slotta tab minotaur, a bit on the small side - but I'm fine with that.

I present to you Fatgit Rumblegut, scourge of all pantries in the Stillburg region and a right fat bastard. With his small stature (in comparison to his racial brethren), glutonous ways and consequential pot belly there's no doubt he's got a little halfling in him... in more than one way! :D Nobody dares think of which side of the family the tusks come from...

No idea when to use him, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit him in to one or two scenarios.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Re: Songs of the Stillburg heroes - New pics 100418
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
Looks great, no need to despair over the skin at all!  :)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
Good job!  :D

Like his skin tones too, and his background story - could there be a mino-hunt as some aggrieved halflings track him down to avenge their mate's sticky demise?  ;D

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
About those skin tones... about half-way through I re-discovered layering and the virtues of thinning the paint to a milk like consistency. :) The back had the most benefits of this. Unfortunately, I was a bit too keen when applying varnish and did the matte layer too soon after the glossy. His left thigh got a bit frosted. it sort of fixed itself... but the fur turned very chunky and weird looking. Doesn't look too bad at an arm's length though, so I won't repaint him until I have nothing else to paint. ;)

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
He looks nice, front and back but I know what you mean about the pain thining. If I'm not mistaken though he is a giant beatsman form death on the Reik not a minotaur. I know potayto, potahto but though you might like to know.
http://www.solegends.com/citscenarios/reik1-01.htm

You seam to have it all planned out already or are you really making it up as you go along. Lots of fun either way.