Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone for Perry plastic Fuzzy-Wuzzies / Ansar?  (Read 16623 times)

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Re: Anyone for Perry plastic Fuzzy-Wuzzies / Ansar?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:49 AM »
Frankly I don't give a fig about the 'plastic modelling community'. I want my wargames figures in metal and I want them NOW! I'm a wargamer, not some peripheral modeller, so what do you expect.

Tolerance lol

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 12:00:55 PM »
Dave, all that rantings not good for your blood pressure, sit down quietly with a cup of tea in GHQ, paint some more metal Zulu war figures and chill.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »
Tolerance lol
You know where you can insert that, Old Fruit! :D
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 01:02:35 PM »
Dave, all that rantings not good for your blood pressure, sit down quietly with a cup of tea in GHQ, paint some more metal Zulu war figures and chill.

Actually been gardening this morning, though I did paint first thing, Jon. I wanted something to rerpresent the 24lb rocket, so I'm working on that now. Not for purists or button counters, very much a wargamer's piece for Colonial games.

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
Oh gawd, and there I was thinking I'd almost completed my Haradrim. The prospect of hordes of Beja/turbaned tribesmen for hordes of arrow fodder is too much to resist!
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »
Oh gawd, and there I was thinking I'd almost completed my Haradrim. The prospect of hordes of Beja/turbaned tribesmen for hordes of arrow fodder is too much to resist!

lol

WOuldn't say that too loudly!

Nice idea though.

I'm really looking forward to these. They will become the basis for many conversions.  :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
lol

WOuldn't say that too loudly!

Nice idea though.

I'm really looking forward to these. They will become the basis for many conversions.  :)

Using proxies for the Haradrim is a perfectly good idea. After all, with an area the size Near and Far Harad covered, it would have contained many different races and cultures. Plus, with the prices GW charge, I could never afford a decent sized "official" army.

I'm toying with using Fuzzy Wuzzies with head conversion (to make them less obviously Sudanese) but am struggling to get past the amount of hairdressing I'd need to do  :(

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:27 AM »
Using proxies for the Haradrim is a perfectly good idea. After all, with an area the size Near and Far Harad covered, it would have contained many different races and cultures. Plus, with the prices GW charge, I could never afford a decent sized "official" army.

I'm toying with using Fuzzy Wuzzies with head conversion (to make them less obviously Sudanese) but am struggling to get past the amount of hairdressing I'd need to do  :(

Yup, I agree. Just joking that there are people lurking round here who might jump down your throat!  ;D

If I buy any, they're going to become Atlanteans!!!!  lol

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »
Yup, I agree. Just joking that there are people lurking round here who might jump down your throat!  ;D

Give it a rest, Rob  ;)

I don't give a monkeys what people use their figures for - for GW settings or anything else. None of my business.

What I objected to, was the barmy conspiracy theory that sculptors like Mike Owen or the Perrys are designing and bringing out historical ranges secretly aimed at the GW fantasy market.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:48 PM »
More Perry goodies in plastic!

Next on the agenda, getting some nice Perry plastic figs for the Sikh Wars....working on it!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:45 PM »
Give it a rest, Rob  ;)

I don't give a monkeys what people use their figures for - for GW settings or anything else. None of my business.

What I objected to, was the barmy conspiracy theory that sculptors like Mike Owen or the Perrys are designing and bringing out historical ranges secretly aimed at the GW fantasy market.

Mate, you know I'm just kidding now right? Or haven't I gotten your half of the joke? I tend to do that.  ;D
I was merely playing on my own innocent remark that I originally made which was ignorant and stupid!  :)

No hard feelings.  :)

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2010, 11:43:44 PM »
Don't worry Captain Blood, I think Rob went to the Alistair Campbell school of bating....poor old Adam Boulton...I think he should have head-butted that lying pompous ass Campbell...all 'Spin Doctors' deserve the treatment...

For those of you that missed it,

Adam Boulton (Sky News) v Alastair Campbell (Labour) - FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

What a classic...Again, death to all these lying 'Spin Doctors' regardless of political affiliations! lol

Viva la revolution! :D