Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rules sets for Fallout games?  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Crudeboy

• Librarian
Re: Rules sets for Fallout games?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 12:46:01 AM »
I'd opt for Nuclear Renaisssance. It has the same tongue in cheek approach to the apocalypse as I remeber fall out having.

Idly searching about for Fallout-esque rulesets on a whim one evening is what originally led me to finding Nuclear Renaissance. Haven't played it yet, but it really does look like it could work.

Just for another name in the pot, I'd also suggest looking at the Savage Worlds Showdown rules.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 12:03:25 PM »
Really like this wondering if thier plans to add more soon and maybe something with the new vegas theme?

Hey,

Well, I've worked some more on the rules set, mainly on the campaign system. It's nowhere near complete and a lot of the things, like the turfs and caps have to be rethought to get a good amount of caps as profit. So it's getting there, but still a lot to be done (also, I need to take a good look at the weapons to set them apart more, especially the energy weapons).

Still need to add the most important element: the different groups. So far I'm aiming for the following:

*Brotherhood of Steel
*Enclave
*Supermutants
*Talon Company (or a generic Merc group)
*Raiders
*Wasteland Survivors (i.e. Republic of Dan)

Here's the link to the latest document:
http://paintoholic.nl/temp/fallout_V4.doc

I'm focusing on FO3 now...maybe New Vegas later as an add-on. But the bulk would be the same. It would involve different groups, turfs and weapons.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
If you need some proof reading or playtesting I am willing to help out, I like the Weird Krieg system and have been looking at your Cosmic Horror game for a while now.

Anders

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »
Hey,

Well, I've worked some more on the rules set, mainly on the campaign system. It's nowhere near complete and a lot of the things, like the turfs and caps have to be rethought to get a good amount of caps as profit. So it's getting there, but still a lot to be done (also, I need to take a good look at the weapons to set them apart more, especially the energy weapons).

Still need to add the most important element: the different groups. So far I'm aiming for the following:

*Brotherhood of Steel
*Enclave
*Supermutants
*Talon Company (or a generic Merc group)
*Raiders
*Wasteland Survivors (i.e. Republic of Dan)

Here's the link to the latest document:
http://paintoholic.nl/temp/fallout_V4.doc

I'm focusing on FO3 now...maybe New Vegas later as an add-on. But the bulk would be the same. It would involve different groups, turfs and weapons.
Thank you for the reply ,Im very excited to try this out really like the "fall out" feel in all the rules and writing your doing a great job Ill have myself and 3 other players willing to give this a test run in the mean time Ill be working on some scenry and picking out models to use for the differant factions. I have only one question were does one find a set of the weird Kreig rules ? Im having no luck ??? Thanks again
Gordon
Adler Hobby NH USA
www.adlerhobby.com
Stop by our fun Black powder Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackpowderNE/

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Weird krieg is what Malebogia is calling his rulesystem which he used for Cosmic Horror and now Fallout skirmish.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 09:10:43 AM »
Yeah, Cosmic Horror started out as Weird Krieg as it was designed as an open system for Weird Wars, Cthtulhu gaming, historical gaming, etc. But then I saw this became too big and too many problems. So I stuck to the rules, but focused on Chtulhu...and Weird Krieg became Cosmic Horror. As the main system remains the same, it became the Weird Krieg system.

If anybody wants the latest version of Cosmic Horror (it's the finished version, but unfancy, so printer friendly), send me a PM.

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
I've seen lots of people (not just on the LAF) reconstructing the fallout world in miniature, and now I'm curious as to what rule sets people are using to play.

With "fallout world" do you mean a scenario like those seen in the pictures of the Mad Max series?
If the answer is "yes", then we use our modified Fantasy Warriors rules (Naran Future Wars), with Mirliton & Copplestone miniatures, to play it with the special scenary "Mortal Lands":

http://www.naran.it/naran/International/future/future.htm

Sorry, it is in italian language only:
http://www.naran.it/FutureWars/FUW_index.htm

Bye,
Sergio
Naran Team Turin
http://www.naran.it/