Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warmachine Khador vs Cryx box set duel  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
Warmachine Khador vs Cryx box set duel
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »
This is just a box set duel between Cryx and Khador.  I didn't take any notes so it's more a serries of photos when some comments all from memory.  

Here is the set up.  My Khador got to choose sides but cryx won the roll to see who goes first.  Clay, my Cryx foe, decided my Khador should go first so I also had to set up first.  

Turn 1.

Turn 1 was mostly movement of course.  Sorsha and the Jugg moved down the hill for Khador and the Cryx made a dash for the tree covered hill.  

Turn 2.

Sorsha and the Jugg moved up to the ruined wall The Destroyer lobbed a shot at the Cryx bonejack behind the hill but was way out of range and came closer to hitting the Judgernaut than any Cryx.  

Clay then ran one of his bone jacks up into combat with both my Jugg and Sorsha.  This was not a charge so the jack itself did nothing but I believe that Denegra cast venom on Sorsha which would continue to tick the rest of the game.

Turn 3.

Sorsha and the Juggy quickly made scrap of the bonejack in hand to hand with them although it nearly survived due to a couple of key misses.  The Destroyer lobbed another shell into the mix this time scattering way over.  

Cryx action during turn 3 was hectic.  Clay moved another bone jack up near Sorsha and the Jugg but not into hand to hand this time It fired at the Jugg but failed to get through the heavy armor.  Clay also moved the Slayer up but since he had not allocated focus to it all it could do was walk ahead to support the bone jack.  Denegra had kept most of the focus.  Denny then poped her feat and cast a couple spells.  She hit Sorsha with I think a cripling grasp which got her defense down really low.  I think a 14 but Sorsha was still behind cover and the venom missed.  

Turn 4.

Turn 4 was another odd round.  The Jugg could not charge because of Denegra's feat.  The Destoyer missed it's shot at the Slayer.  Sorsha shot and hit the slayer with good damage but not enough to do much.  I was worried about the Slayer charging my Jugg so I poped Sorsha's feat.  Cryx basically did nothing.  I poped my feat here as a last ditch effort to maintain control of the battle it worked but I wish I had activated Sorsha first and because then my Destroyer would have hit.  

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
Turn 5.

Turn 5 was a good round for Khador.  Sorsha Activated didn't do much and gave her focus to both jacks.  The Destroyer hit the Slayer and managed to knock an arm off.  The Jugg then charged the Slayer and took it apart.  He also ended up engaged with the cryx bone jack in the middle.  

To add insult to injury the Bonejack engaged with the Juggernaut attempted to disengage and was disabled for it troubles.  The final cryx bone jack moved into position against Sorsha but Denegra's magic again faild to do much.  

Turn 6.

Turn 6 was the final turn.  Sorsha gave the Jugg three focus and kept three for herself.  She then activated and cast bounding charge on the Jugg.  The Juggy then charged over the pile of scrap in front of him, raised his axe high above his head, and missed Denegra.  With only two focus left I spent one to attack again with the ice axe which hit this time and Denegra took 15 damage.  Just one box short of killing her.  I then took a swing with my fist unboosted which also hit with I rolled the required 11 on only two dice.  The fist did nearly max damage crushing the war witch into a bloody pulp.  

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
Nice little report, there!

I have had the Warmachine Prime rules and a partially assembled Cygnar starter set sitting around for more than a year now.... as most of my other projects, it has stranded on lack of time. Kids, work, and gardening seem to take up too much of my time these days. Pity. But mebbe when I get old enough to retire...  :roll:
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »
I don't know anything about Warmachine, but I really like your figures. Like old 40k Dreadnaughts but with a VSF rivetty twist.

Nice one.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
That's a fun report, Ironworker. I have one of the Warmachine rulebooks and I like the minis. It's fun to see people play games with the starter sets.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »
Great report! Warmachine and Hordes are my 2 favorite games. The models are a bit on the pricey side, but armies are small, games are fast and fun, and the minis are  :love: .

Khador was my first army as well. Those huge jacks!

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »
I always thought the original starter boxes to be very unbalanced with Sorscha & Kreoss being amongst the hardest Casters even today and nearly unbeatable for newcommers, for whom the boxes are designed.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »
Quote from: "Poliorketes"
I always thought the original starter boxes to be very unbalanced with Sorscha & Kreoss being amongst the hardest Casters even today and nearly unbeatable for newcommers, for whom the boxes are designed.

Denegra is pleanty nasty and hard to hit with stealth.  I think the mistake my friend made was to focus on my caster only rather than deal with my jacks first.  I did the opposite but then again against Deny you pretty much have to.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »
Its not the casters that are the problem but the fact that the starter sets in Warmachine are not good for small games.

The Hordes boxes are much better balanced and provide a better "out of the box" game.

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
    • Miniatures, tutorials, gallery, swearing...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »
everybody love battlereports! :love: although I'd like it more if cryx won actually :wink:

Quote from: "Ironworker"
Denegra is pleanty nasty and hard to hit with stealth.

she can be extremly nasty with parasite and crippling grasp upkept turn after turn; that combined with feat popped in proper time turns even the hardest caster into harmless baby :twisted: