Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690843
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Subterranean VSF: Updated 25th of October (shroom forest board done)  (Read 31757 times)

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
Re: Subterranean VSF: Morlocks
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Nice idea - looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Qu: Are you planning to build a Subterranean Tunnelling Machine or will the party be walking/climbing down in to the depths of the volcano?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
Excellent Thorbjørn. That's the best I've seen those WF Zulus looking  ;)

What figures are you going to use for the beautiful, peaceful, free-love, fair-haired Eloi?

By the way, you do know Peter Jackson's doing a remake of The Time Machine, don't you?  ;)

(Only kidding... )

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »

***huge snippage***

...and I used a HUGE brush to speed up the painting.. so they're quite rough in some places.

Yes, yes, quite horrible; you shouldn't have to suffer so much. Ship them to me immediately, and I shall release you of this terrible burden. No need to thank me; what are forum brothers for?

Doug

PS You all DO know that color perception is often gender based. I'll dig up some images with turquoise paint, listen to you argue as to 'it's green', 'no, it's blue', and draw the appropriate conclusions...

PPS I would have said 'mauve - purple vs. pink', but this is no place for the word 'mauve'. Next thing you know, someone will use 'puce'...

Doug

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
Haha sure! (the italic is meant to indicate "american accent")

Oh well, French is all Greek to me  ;)

Excellent Thorbjørn. That's the best I've seen those WF Zulus looking  ;)

What figures are you going to use for the beautiful, peaceful, free-love, fair-haired Eloi?

By the way, you do know Peter Jackson's doing a remake of The Time Machine, don't you?  ;)

(Only kidding... )

One does wonder what real miniatures given the same treatment would have looked like doesn't one?

And you can't shock me with Peter Jackson scares like that. I know perfectly well that he'll be allowed to continue his slow motion spree for several years and that he'll  probably let Elijah Wood star as the Terminator whenever he get's around to redo that one.  lol

As for Eloi I don't really know. As I'm not doing Time Machine as such I haven't given it that much thought. BUT - I have thought about it though... and from what I'm getting real Eloi women only exist in a nude variation. So that's where I'm going.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »

And you can't shock me with Peter Jackson scares like that. I know perfectly well that he'll be allowed to continue his slow motion spree for several years and that he'll  probably let Elijah Wood star as the Terminator whenever he get's around to redo that one.  lol

I think he'd do pretty good job of the Time Machine :D

Nice work on the Morlocks by the way :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
... from what I'm getting real Eloi women only exist in a nude variation. So that's where I'm going.

Sweden?

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 03:15:47 PM »
Haha sure! (the italic is meant to indicate "american accent")

Oh well, French is all Greek to me  ;)

Err, so the figs aren't in the mail?

Actually, I don't think that sarcastic tone is exclusively American...

We just lack subtlety.  :D

One does wonder what real miniatures given the same treatment would have looked like doesn't one?

Fair's fair, I thought Mr. Wood did a satisfyingly creepy job in Sin City, and with each sequel, Terminators seem to be getting both larger AND smaller.

As for Eloi I don't really know. As I'm not doing Time Machine as such I haven't given it that much thought. BUT - I have thought about it though... and from what I'm getting real Eloi women only exist in a nude variation. So that's where I'm going.

Sweden? I thought that image, from the I am Curious-genre, had just about been replaced with Wallender-esque.   lol

Doug

Offline Fuzzywuzzieswiflasers

• Scientist
    • Little lead men of valour
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 04:11:22 AM »
That is a spiffing idea to use the plastic zulus in a different way.

I might have to borrow that idea  ;)

They look purple to me.

Cheers
Fuzzy.

Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly
down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red
Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture,
torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals.
Blackadder 4

former user

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
Sweden? I thought that image, from the I am Curious-genre, had just about been replaced with Wallender-esque.   lol

here you definitely lost me....???

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45:54 PM »
Very nice paint scheme
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
In the book the Eloi are described as looking like children, the "juvenile" Eloi look the same as the "Adult" ones, just smaller.

The morlocks are pretty neat and this whole thread makes me want to go off and write the lyrics to "Subterranean Homesick VSF"  lol

"Johnny's makin' serum, workin' on a theorem, I'm on an Areonef thinking 'bout the government."

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:58 AM »
In the book the Eloi are described as looking like children, the "juvenile" Eloi look the same as the "Adult" ones, just smaller.

The morlocks are pretty neat and this whole thread makes me want to go off and write the lyrics to "Subterranean Homesick VSF"  lol

"Johnny's makin' serum, workin' on a theorem, I'm on an Areonef thinking 'bout the government."

Meanwhile I will figure out some lyrics for "Cause I'm V.S.F. I'm dynamite/V.S.F. and I'll win that fight/V.S.F. I'm a power load/V.S.F. watch me explode".

OK sorry that will never happen again, but I'm going to see a little Australian electronic act (at least I think they're electric - after all their name is an abbreviation for alternating current / direct current) in a week for the second time in a year, so I'm quite excited..  lol

Now back on topic: I'm nearly done doing the first of the morlocks pets. I'll keep in you in a limbo of excitement until I reveal my latest disasterpiece.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
A little update to our subterranean project....

The models are not completely finished, the bearer and the guy with the lamp is still missing their eyes, but I wanted to give a little update before I go on holiday.

These will be some of the expedition force to go into the vulcano to explore.

But we still need more models with lamps or torches, I do have a guy with a torch from Artizans pulp line, but we could need 2-3 more models of that sort, so any ideas will be welcome...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »

That's a nice addition to your project. Keep up the good work Jonas 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
A little update to our subterranean project....

The models are not completely finished, the bearer and the guy with the lamp is still missing their eyes, but I wanted to give a little update before I go on holiday.

Very nice!  Almost makes me want to switch to 28mm!