Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: FUBAR Third Edition!!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
FUBAR Third Edition!!
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »
This weekend will see the release of the Third Edition of this surprisingly popular Modern/SF ruleset.  After many hours of playtesting by the development team, and hundreds of postings on the Yahoo Group, here and in other fora we're ready to give you the best FUBAR ever  ;)

The rules have been edited to within a column inch of their lives, new ideas inserted (trashed, rebuilt, resubmitted and accepted) and a lot of rewriting to achieve clarity in some of the murkier corners. And it is still only one page long!

Those who want a sneak preview of the final draft they can find them in the files section of the Forge of War Yahoo Group.

So many good ideas were submitted we couldn't fit them all in, so in a couple of weeks we will release FUBAR X.0 - a miscellany of alternate rules and interpretations. Some are so good, and so big, we will also release one or two specific supplements on such alternative ideas as expanded Morale rules and Independent characters and a points system...

None of this would have been possible without the flood of people coming in from the Lead Adventure Forum to revitalize our efforts - and for that I thank you all  :-*

Cheers,
Craig.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Re: FUBAR Third Edition!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »
Saw the message go round, glad its been so successful, I read the draft its excellent stuff, top work!

Thanks
Steve

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: FUBAR Third Edition!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
I like the general idea being these rules and already have printed the Modern/FS version as well as the Medieval/Dungeon Bash ones. I didn’t play a game yet but they do look both playable and fun. I’m looking forward the next version as well as the new supplements 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
FUBAR Third Edition is released!!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:16:12 AM »
That's right folks - FUBAR 3.0 is now available on the blog [http://thegamesshed.wordpress.com].

I'd like to publically thank all the contributors here, on the blog and especially in the Forge of War Yahoo Group - without whom whom none of theis would have been possible.

OK, tearful Oscar acceptance speech over  lol

The next major collaborative project will be FUBAR X.0, a collation of the many alternative rules the team came up with during the 3.0 creation process, as no good idea should go unpublished (or should that be unpunished). Unlike most publishers we don't believe in the 'one size fits all' mentality of the mainstream. Variety IS life!

Cheers,
Craig.