Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689489
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My sculpted Chaos Dwarf Musician  (Read 8083 times)

Offline lasgunpacker

• Assistant
    • Blog
Re: My sculpted Chaos Dwarf Musician
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Wow, that is a great concept well executed!   The only thing I do not like is the notch for the whistle itself,  which seems to be too low.

I look forward to seeing your sculpted and cast army.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
Very very well done indeed. Love the touch of Motorhead round the back :-*
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
That's a unique and interesting design, very well executed.  High marks for your work - but I really dislike that Babylonian-era Warhammer Chaos Dwarf style.  I'd love to see you work on a more chaos-y Dwarves, like these guys:

Looking forward to seeing your next project!

-Alex in Alaska

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »
I disagree. The original chaos dwarves are derivertive: just stunted chaos warriors without anything to make them unique. The later chaos dwarves had thier own unique feel, that clearly looked both dwarf and chaos, while also looking new.
Their eastern styling also surgested a cross-cultural mixing between the dwarves of the old world and the more eastern cathey, nomadic hob-goblins (and even, retrospectivly, ogres).
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
I disagree. The original chaos dwarves are derivertive: just stunted chaos warriors without anything to make them unique. The later chaos dwarves had thier own unique feel, that clearly looked both dwarf and chaos, while also looking new.
Their eastern styling also surgested a cross-cultural mixing between the dwarves of the old world and the more eastern cathey, nomadic hob-goblins (and even, retrospectivly, ogres).
I agree though the beards and particularly the hats did get a little over the top.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »

Um, I have always thought the best when the citadel ones with mutations...

Great work by the way

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »
I agree with Rob, I'm a big fan too of the Asirian-like Chaos Dwarves look.
I like their beards, their gargantuesque canons, their blunderbluss, and those ottoman like big hats.
I think the approach is more original and give them a lot of personality, instead to go on the same path
of other chaos stained races by simply adding tentacles and mutations at the basic design.
I like it, but i would say it was'nt a successful army look in terms of sales.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 06:44:36 AM »
Agreed - but they still looked like shit! They suffered from the mid 90s identicalitis that plauged GW minis at the time (and still do, to some extent). Gone was the individuality of singular miniatures. All the chaos dwarfs looked exactly the same. Same beard, same hat, same same... I know there were differences, but the lasting impression was them being identical. Exactly like the high elves, the imperials and so on. Only army with much variation was the O&G.

If they had executed the design idea (oriental flavoured, curly beards etc) with the variety of 80s Chaos Dwarf (Citadel or Marauder) I'd like them much more.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline widgren

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »
great job from concept to painted fig!

Offline DowVooVoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
Hashet will be pleased

Offline chaplain severus

• Librarian
    • http://www.berkshirewargaming.com
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 02:58:26 AM »
Man, that is just awesome.  It must be a great feeling to have a model that is unique!

Thanks for sharing,

Hopefully you don't fail his armor save  ;)

Matt
"Hige sceal pe heardra, heorte pe cenre, mod sceal pe mare pe ure maegen lytlao"

"Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, and spirit the greater as our strength lessens."
-English Proverb

http://www.berkshirewargaming.com