Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691106
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Photo captured before sacrifice - updated 16 Jan  (Read 3613 times)

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Photo captured before sacrifice - updated 16 Jan
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
It is with regret that we have to announce our brave Arctic correspondent Angus McCoatup is believed to be dead at the hands of a newly discovered tribe living in the deep tundra wastelands.

To date only his backpack and camera has been found with one blurred photograph in it:

Rumours abound over the fate of Angus - but so far no message has come back to us here...

Take two wind up cracker toys, a 15mm Inuit shaman and a little time on my hands  :o

Thoughts are to chop off the legs and winder, cover in 'stone' spray and paint the rough surface as idols / Moai type figures...

Comments please
Andrew
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:10:49 PM by AndrewBeasley »

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Re: Photo captured before sacrifice?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:26:32 PM »
(Cough)...Antarctic correspondent...

I think it's a smashing idea. I didn't know until about a minute ago that I needed some gigantic penguin idols. Now I'm absolutely convinced of it - it seems so right - but I have no idea why. I like the photo too.

Perhaps this should be in Pulp or Call of Cthulhu? I believe that in 'Beyond the Mountains of Madness' or some such, there are giant penguins. It seems likely that the degenerate descendents of the Hlo-Hlo (or someone) living in the blasphemous cyclopean wastes of cursed Antarctica would worship giant penguins.

Of course it could be the Arctic (or even the Himalayas) - after all, more mysterious (and therefore scarier) than penguins where there are no idols, are idols where there are no penguins...

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:32:38 PM »
@Red Orc - 'newly discovered tribe' move must be due to global warming old chap   ;D

I was tempted to put it in pulp / back of beyond but I'm more a fantasy gamer...

Drop me a PM with your address if you are serious - I still have four other - I am happy to send two as a late present

Looks like I have been moved...  Shame I have never read the books!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:40:09 PM by AndrewBeasley »

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:46:16 AM »
Sorry I got you moved Andrew. I shold have kept my damn-fool mouth shut. Or played up the Pulp aspects at least.

It's a very kind offer over the penguins and I am sorely tempted but I have to be strong and decline. I already have 'nuff projects to keep me going until at least 2013, and I don't mean nearly quarter past eight this evening. But you are a very lovely man, wise, fragrant and I've heard that all life forms in your vicinity acknowlege your awesomness; and you have my thanks for being such a top chap.

Do keep us up to date with the rockification process on the penguins - I'm intrigued as to how they turn out (and will no doubt in a few weeks be regretting my failure to take up your offer!)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
It is a well kept secret that they are diabolical, mischievous, and truly evil creatures.

This photo is proof of their being the Arctic regions now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:19:22 PM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
It is a well kept secret that they are diabolical, mischievous, and truly evil creatures.

This photo is proof of their being the Arctic regions now.

Touche.   lol
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
You only has to watch an episode in Pingu to know how evil they really are!

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Photo captured before sacrifice - updated 16 Jan?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:59 PM »
I've now taken the legs off the animals  >:D and filled in the holes. Using a Plastikote Stone (Gotham Grey) I got a stone looking penguin.

Using a wash of Badab Black, a dry(ish) brush of white and bone and the brightest orange I have in the box gave me:

Note the eyes are supposed to be purple but it does not show up.

Now just to base up (Hott stronghold sized base I think), add a little snow scatter and they are done...