Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LPL5 - now open for entries. Contestants please read - thank you :)  (Read 34995 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: LPL5 - now open for entries. Contestants please read - thank you :)
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »
Woohoo I'm in as well!

After a short "sabatical" it feels good to participate again. Just need to figure out all the teams that are going to be painted  o_o
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
Oh well - foiled again. After managing to get over the obstacles of two trips to the ER and my eleven-month old having bronchitis, I fell at the last hurdle - taking decent photos. I just couldn't figure it out! And despite having four rounds already painted! Damn it! Oh well. I'll start a thread - once I've figured out the photo thing - since sometimes project threads are few and far between during the LPL.
Still, looking forward to all the eye candy of LPL 5 - best of luck to all who had the luck/fortitude/skill/determination to get that first round entry in. I can't wait to see them all tomorrow!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »
Oh well - foiled again. After managing to get over the obstacles of two trips to the ER and my eleven-month old having bronchitis, I fell at the last hurdle - taking decent photos. I just couldn't figure it out! And despite having four rounds already painted! Damn it! Oh well. I'll start a thread - once I've figured out the photo thing - since sometimes project threads are few and far between during the LPL.
Still, looking forward to all the eye candy of LPL 5 - best of luck to all who had the luck/fortitude/skill/determination to get that first round entry in. I can't wait to see them all tomorrow!

Bronchitis, poor mite...

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
Thanks, Hammers. He's getting better, and at least it's not pneumonia. The funny part (silver lining and all that) is that four times a day he has to breathe through an aerosol/vapouriser thing for a few minutes, and he loves it. The problem is that he looks like he's smoking crack. I don't know whether to take a photo of it or not - of course, my photography skills are so bad that it probably wouldn't matter if I did.
In any case, best of luck to all the LPL5ers - maybe I'll make it for LPL6 - and thanks again, Hammers.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
Entries to the league are now closed.

We have...

Drum roll, takes paracetamol...

72 participants!!!

Aaaaargh.

Jesus, Mary and the other bloke  :o  :o  :o

Yours is a job I don't envy  :P

I'm out this time because I had some unexpected errands to run today which took all my photography time  :?  :(

Good luck to everyone who got their first round in  :D  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
Now that will be cool! 36 grups in ten rounds... a lot of work but i am sure it's worth all the work. Can't wait for the first round.

Stephan

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
I'll start a thread - once I've figured out the photo thing - since sometimes project threads are few and far between during the LPL.

Yes, the LPL casts a dry spell over the rest of the LAF, I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff none-the-less. And take a picture of your son, he might like it in twenty years time. My dad made a piccie of me sucking on a bottle of coke when I was a kid and I love that picture 8).

I'm glad to be participating this LPL, it's going to be a monster competition that has no equal.

Oh yea... I'm going to need a bigger calculator.   lol

Hehehehe  :D
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
Seventy-two participants! It's going to be a cracking competition, no doubt about it! And you're right about the photo, Pil - it's too funny not to take a photo of, and it's better for him to have the photo in the future, than not to have it. As for the dry spell that the LPL casts over the rest of the forum - it's more than made up for by all the eye candy we get in the league itself, but if I can get the photography thing sorted out, then I'll start that thread - it would be nice to see it run as the league gathers momentum!
I can hardly wait until tomorrow! 36 pairings to look at! It's going to be great!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
Maybe it's good this isn't happening Monday morning.  Casting that many votes would take considerable time away from work.    :)

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2011, 11:06:36 PM »
No, Bezzo, his priorities sound about right to me!

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:20 PM »
No, I got that Bezzo - I grew up in Ireland, and lived there for thirty years. I was being what we call in Ireland "a smart-arse". Sometimes I'm not quite sure how I ended up in Kansas - and before you ask, it wasn't a tornado. It just felt like one....

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »
Well, good luck to all those involved (and the best of luck to me :D).

I grew up in Ireland...Sometimes I'm not quite sure how I ended up in Kansas - and before you ask, it wasn't a tornado. It just felt like one....

Did it, perchance, have anything to do with potatoes (or lack thereof)?

Edit: Just to point out, this is (an attempt at) another one of those jokes...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:44:55 PM by answer_is_42 »
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »
Actually, it sort of did have something to do with potatoes, and not the famine either - it's that I don't like them! Since they're such a dietary staple in Ireland, I had to leave! No, I left for work - like lots of Irish people in the late eighties and early nineties. It looks like the same thing is going to happen all over again now....
I keep looking for an LPL5 thread, hoping that the first round will be up a little early, but no such luck. I feel like such a junky.

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2011, 03:47:41 AM »
Wow! That's quite the number. Didn't make it in this time. Server problems at the house & my access is limited at work. So I was unable to send any pictures. Wish you all the best of luck.  :?
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
I keep looking for an LPL5 thread, hoping that the first round will be up a little early, but no such luck. I feel like such a junky.

I thought it was just me!
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!