Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Options for Cheap Zombies?  (Read 5884 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Options for Cheap Zombies?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
I've been painting up some of the Bag O'zombie ones recently, so I'll add in my 2p worth if that's ok  :)

They are small - 25mm at best. This is them compared to Studio Miniatures zombies

However, with a suitable base boost, they're not too bad

I've been trying to get their bases to not completely suck, and I think I may finally have achieved it (or close enough  ;D), but the ones in the photo are earlier attempts.

As mentioned by a previous poster, each set is in the same pose, but, with a pair of clippers, it's quite quick and straightforward to hack off limbs, giving a bit of variety.

I've just ordered up a set of the zombie clowns they do. Together with my Tengu zombie clowns, it should make for an interesting group  :)

They'll never be A-list zombies, but as part of a horde on a tabletop, they should be fine

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »
Are the WF zombies available again? I've been looking for them for a while and they seem to be out of stock everywhere in Europe :?

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »
The bag o zombies and all other zombies from Twighlight Creations are probably true 25mm ,they still fit in well with some of GZG's  range of modern figures and some of the Hasslefree figs too such as officer Nick. Also dont forget the game HUMANS gives you a greater mix of zombies i think it's six differnt poses and a bunch of humans to chop and change and play with .(60 zeds in 6 poses and 60 humans)
Horror clix are great for chopping up and converting. They have no standard scale within the game,you can find slender ones and huge ones . Once you get them off their clix bases and on to a regular base ,most will fit in with modern heroic 28mm figs pretty well. There are also plenty of other figs in the Horrorclix range that can be converted into zombies as well as civillians from their earlier Heroclix ranges . The Heroclix figures that have came out recently are HUGE even by Clix standards and their civillians are of little use.

i too think the WF zeds are a waste of time except as spare parts
Dex

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:30:46 PM by dexter »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
When I started my zombie project a while back I did jump at the WF plastics because they were so cheap, but I found them to be awful and gave most of them away.  :?

Akula's blog, mentioned above is handy for linkage so is Vampifans and Mikko's Dawn of the lead... worth a google.

That you did Phil, I found a use for some parts, (really only legs) with my mantic stuff.

I've used most of the zombies out there so you can also take a gander at my Urban zombie board thread right here on this very forum... in this very area no less!  ;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
I got the Victory Force ones during the deal.  Not bad at all for filling out a horde cheap.