Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.  (Read 23340 times)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Maybe LW attendees could  come up with a bribe incentive to get you there...  ;)

I can see how Nash-con would be a nicer drive from Arkansas if your in the north east part of the state.   I have never been to Nashville but if your at Nash-con that would be tempting.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
I'm enjoying your insanity very much!  Thanks for posting.  Richard

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
  • "Cthulhu fhtagn Ya'll!"
    • F.F.o.S.
syrinx0,
 Nash-Con is really a good crowd, their hospitality is not to be discounted. As of now I haven't approached them about setting up yet. A game with this sized footprint in a convention center requires a lot of room. Nash-con is in one really expensive room in SpringHill. I don't want to plan ahead without approval from the organization because this juggernaut of a game is larger than some Con's I have attended. It actually becomes a people gaming per table square foot issue.
So I have to make sure the Con is willing to have this large of an event at the expense of many smaller games in the same space if it is limited. 
The reason I would like to go to Nashville is my Cohort Steve lives in the area, and I owe it to him to game in his area after the trips he has made to complete this project. The point I guess is there is no schedule beyond Recruits at the moment because i've never moved a game this large that far. So all options beyond this weekend are open, Bribes withstanding......   

Wingnut
1st Citizen of Beaverlick,WY.

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
96 hours until "P" day......

As always, more at the site.....

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Chicago is a great town (to visit)

Fixed that for you.  I grew up in Illinois and punched-out asap.

I would go to Nash-Con if I knew this beast would be there.  Your work is inspiring.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:41:21 AM by Doomsdave »
This is my boomstick!

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Dooms Dave,
Thanks man. Glad somebody's got my back.....

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
In spite of Doomsdave wimping out and running down south away from the cold, he is right about your work. It is inspiring.  :)
Thanks for sharing and hauling it around as much as you have.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
In spite of Doomsdave wimping out and running down south away from the cold, he is right about your work. It is inspiring.  :)
Thanks for sharing and hauling it around as much as you have.

You called it right brother.  After 2 years in Korea, I had enough cold weather XP to last a lifetime.  Last Christmas I was in my front lawn in shorts and sandals so when you're ready to pull the ripcord, come on down.  ;) 

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
OK the video makes the Patterson-Gimlin film look lie Spielberg but you should be able to make out the mist emerging from the waterfall and rolling on the river top.

http://fistfullofseamen.blogspot.com/2010/01/documenting-progress.html

Now if I can just make a rainbow at the falls.......  

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I hear that every year from a few friends who moved to Atlanta Doomsdave. Never say never I guess but summer down south is way too hot.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »
The mist looks pretty cool wingnut.  Not sure you could simulate a rainbow statically. Maybe a small pen light shining up through a colored tissue paper filter? 

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2011, 06:25:34 AM »
Wingnut,

You can do the rainbow and the small flashlight idea will work but don't use tissue paper, use colored gels which you should be able to find at a very good photo shop.  Or you can make one yourself with a stiff cellophane (maybe from some package of something you've bought) with a translucent rainbow painted on it.  It's all a matter of proper positioning but the terrain in the photo looks like you should be able to get away with it.  Man, a rainbow and a misting waterfall is way over the top.  Super cool!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  Hope you can make it work and, if you do, post another video showing it in action.

Best of luck with your game!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »
Looking fabulous. Bon voyage shipmate!  ;)

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »
Alas I am getting married and so will not be able to get out of town till for some time or I would be there for sure!

Wingnut could you let me know/pm me where you bought your virgin cork and where I should go to look at or order those light panels! I am going to give a smaller board a shot!
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.