Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Progress on a Convention game project or Testament to the Criminal insanity.  (Read 23429 times)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
You Sir, are a wargaming GOD.  :-* :-*
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
That's great. Very much what I have in mind for my own never ending NWF board.

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
wow , brilliant bloody brilliant

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Maybe more nuts should have wings!  Now you've got me thinking what to do with my native villages and their islands.  (Got one village populated - not painted - courtesy of Irregular Miniature's lovely new 15 mm African natives).

Pirates are an addiction.

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
WOW! What a beautiful board!!  :-*

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
This thread, and naturally its content, is by all accounts adictive. I must confess that every time I open it, I expect not only great modelling and figures, but also great wordplay and abuse of the english language!
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
  • "Cthulhu fhtagn Ya'll!"
    • F.F.o.S.
Thank you fine Lords and Scalawags alike.
I can't take all the credit here. A great deal of effort,time and resources from my cohort and long time friend Steve went into this construction for the Recruits convention. He has traveled the past two weekends from Cookville, Tennessee to Springdale, Arkansans to help. For our Euro-readers that is the equivalent of a drive between Paris and Berlin in about 10 hours. Except with Memphis instead of Belgium in the middle, so you loose the chocolate, gain barbecue but you have to smell the Mississippi as you cross.  
 I'm putting in a lot of time to make sure this project gets finished and will be taking off a week from work before we leave. I'm actually as excited to see it assembled as you guys are as my house is far to small to assemble it in.  
Galland,
The best way to get back at the English Language is creative writing. I wish there was a way to run this game in Europe for you guys. I just can't find a reasonable way to transport it across the Atlantic.
FifteensAway,
There would be a lot of angry squirrels....
Hammers,
" never ending " No sadly, we will have to end it eventually or we will have to apply for a land grant.  ::)

Thanks again; I hope to have some less-grainy pictures up once the flocking and foliage is on the board.

Wingnut  

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:49:31 PM by Wingnut »
Wingnut
1st Citizen of Beaverlick,WY.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
Aaaarggh I love this bridge between the cliffs  :-* How did I survive all these years without one? I need to make one too!  ::)

Thanks for these wonderful pics

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Can't wait to see the temple.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Some progress!
Please excuse the images, Iphone again.
more images here:
http://fistfullofseamen.blogspot.com/2010/01/documenting-progress.html

Offline Fatback Willis

• Lurker
  • Just 13 shades of brown and a craftsticks
Its looking good - can't wait to see it all set up at the convention

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
I wish there was a way to run this game in Europe for you guys. I just can't find a reasonable way to transport it across the Atlantic.

Easy!  Just bring it to Little Wars (Chicago area), and they can fly in (and if they can't, at last I can play)!
-Tommy

Offline OccasionalWargamer

• Bookworm
Ahhh, true marvelous, inspirational, gaming madness!!!  If this is the type of gaming insanity that goes on at Recruits, I may have to make my way out there one of these times, straightjacket in hand to join in.
OccasionalWargamer

http://occasionalgamer.wordpress.com/  --my wargaming blog

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Quite a few of my club's members follow your blog posts as we have started getting more into Pirates. What you have built is incredible. 

Here is another plug for Little Wars in the Chicago area.  Very nice venue with a nice hotel, theater, spa and nearby shopping for those not inclined to spend all day gaming.  I know we would love to help fill up your game slots.  :D

2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Chicago is a great town. Museum of Science and Industry, Captured U-boat, Natural history museum, and the  Archeology museum is outstanding. Man is that a long haul with a single axle trailer.......
Was considering Nash-con but I'm not committed to anything beyond Recruits. Any of you get down that way?