Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 2 headed ogre, Troll and reaper crusader. (skin, metal and cloth practice)  (Read 5370 times)

Offline Kanvass

• Assistant
So as the title implies, I painted these three minis to focus on true metallic metals, skin and painting cloth.  these guys were a blast to paint and I rekon I might have just learned a lil sumthin sumthin.

Hope you like them.  /Cheers Kanvass

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
Well you obviously put your lessons to good work...these are all top notch paint jobs...I have nothing to comment on other than their fantastic quality!

Keep up the good work!

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
Yellow cloth is  :-*

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
I have been eye-balling that ettin for a long time, I have soooo much to paint but I want him (Reaper having that 25$ free shipping deal is not helping either). You my friend haved done an amazing job on him, his skin is really smooth.

The troll's blue skin is really nice, but the mouth really draws you in, the teeth the gums and tongue; all done really well.

I need to learn how to paint yellow! You obviously don't, very nice cloak (and metallics), what base coat did you use for your cloak?

Well I think you succeeded in your quest, you definately learned a lil sumthin sumthin.

Damien

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great miniatures and wonderfully painted. Good job!
Damien, I think Reaper might just be worth those 25$ though I understand your hesitation...
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Quality.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
WONDERFULLY WELL DONE! I love the the Ogre Guy(s)...GREAT color choices & COOL bases.

@Damien: if you really want the Reaper mini, don't hesitate; re, Reaper is in the process of gradually raising their prices. The minis that had been $3.99 & $4.99 will be $5.99 or more...I would imagine that the big minis will see an even greater increase. C'est la vie, eh?!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely paintjobs!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
@ Doomhippie and DeafNala I think I might take your advice and buy up some Reaper minis that I have been drooling over, especially if prices are going up. DeafNala, do you know the date of the increase?

Kanvass, I like how you solved the solid base problem with Reaper minis, especially when they are longer than the plastic base. Again great painting

Damien

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Lovely stuff, really nice smooth paint jobs

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
Bright and vibrant colors.  Really nice.