Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:55:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696425
  • Total Topics: 118766
  • Online Today: 522
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battle at the centre of the earth  (Read 2182 times)

Offline The Breaker

• Scientist
  • Enjoyably annoying
Battle at the centre of the earth
« on: July 03, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
Allied Intelligence has picked up a worrying report. After "interrogating" several captured enemy they have discovered a nefarious plot. Deep in the bowels of the earth a secret laboratory has been constructed. The Reich frustrated at the losses suffered at the hands of the Russians have been looking around for a way to replenish their forces. As luck would have it an unlikely solution has presented itself.

Sir Bernard Pilsbury is an Englishman first and a scientist second. The man was so bright that he studied at Oxford and Cambridge, at the same time! Everyone was sure that he would take his place as the preeminate mind in Britain. Unfortunately for Sir Bernard he has been thrown out of the Royal Society of Brainy Buggers for being completely bonkers.

This decision by his fellow Buggers was due to Sir Bernards experiments with animating necrotic flesh. Undeterred by this turn of events Sir Bernard set out to prove to his collegues that they were absolutely right! He went to the second most insane man in Europe, but Stalin told him to push off. So he cocked his hat and went to see the Furer. Who welcomed him with open arms and made his dreams come true with a Lab all of his own where he won't be bothered by naysayers any more. Sir Bernard could not be happier or crazier.

Captian America has been briefed and he has picked his team. It's make or break time for the Allies as they try to bring the Reich to its knees. Will they be successful? Only time will tell.
"We shot them under rule 303"

Offline The Breaker

• Scientist
  • Enjoyably annoying
Re: Battle at the centre of the earth
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »
Hey all, The Breaker here. If you have read the above and have found that your interest has been well and truly piqued then you may be exactly the person that we need. I am looking to set up a Gaming Guild of sorts. A collection of like minded individuals who want to take their gaming to varied and interesting places. A group that meets annualy od bi-annualy and brings along forces and terrain to make a the sort of gaming experience that we all dream of. It will be held in Sydney as that is the closest capital city to me although if you are happy to travel then you are most welcome to come from anywhere in this wide brown land. WWWII is only the first thing I would like to explore I have it in my mind to do BOB, Colonial, Pulp, Call of Cthulu and anything else that people want to game or see. If you are interested drop me a PM, this is only in its earliest stages and I wpuld imagine that there will need to be a lot of discussion and planning before it is fully fleshed out.

Cheers,

The Breaker.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:22:10 AM by The Breaker »

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Sorry, Sydney's just a bit too far away ;)
But I'll follow with interest with what you're coming up here :)
per aspera ad astra

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »
Sound VERY good, but you're sooooo far away...  :'(

Anyhow, please keep us informed about any news.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!