Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Updated Massachusetts, Early Massachusetts, Ophelie and The Red Skull (WIPS)  (Read 1457 times)

Offline frontal assault

• Librarian
As the title says, I'm just showing off some WIP Shots of a few models I'm working on.  First up is an updated shot of Massachusetts, from my novel attempt, painted here in the colours of the US 7th Cavalry (as they will look in whatever century I'm going to set the book in).  I've improved my ability to paint white in recent months, so I decided to go with a predominantly blue and white scheme for her 7th Cavalry era.

Next up is an attempt at painting Massachusetts, or at least a Massachusetts-style figure.  As the astute amongst you will notice it's the Kara Sloan model from Warmachine, who would have led my Cygnar army had I been able to sustain interest in it amidst all the 40k stuff.  Having noticed her languishing on my windowsill I've added her to my ever growing 'to-do' pile.

After Massachusetts we come to Ophelie, one of my French characters (the book being predominantly set in a future French Republic).  Again she looks 40kish, but pretty much all of my bits are 40k or WFB, that isn't surprising, plus I want to use her and 7th Cavalry Massachusetts in a planned IG army so they need to be mostly 40k looking.  Anyway she's painted in what are typical Urban French Marine colours even if she has to make do with my poor attempts at camouflage.  

Finally something of a taster shot, with a picture of the undercoated Red Skull.  Having heard that What the! Miniatures was back in business, I checked out their site and came across this guy.  Being a big fan of the new Captain America film, as well as bad guys in general, I just had to buy him.

#

A hundred views and no replies, that's got to be something of a record!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:13:11 PM by frontal assault »

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I came upon this post and see that there are no replies.
So please let me be the first.
I like your idea with your figures.
If I may I would like to make some suggestions on painting.
I use washes to help bring out details that are hard to bring out.
An example is the skull on the first figure, it would show off the leaves and skull.
Also try a little black lining.
Please look over you figures after you paint it and repaint parts where paint has slopped over another color.
An example is the white on the boots in the first picture.
Just a couple of examples of how to improve the looks on you figures.
I hope you don't feel I am picking on you. You are off to a good start. Keep working at it.
Semper Fi, Mac