Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:47:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689217
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Scarlet and Gold - Queen Victoria  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Scarlet and Gold - Queen Victoria
« on: December 12, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »
After Trooper gaves us the heads up about this companies Queen Victoria range. I sent them an email as there were no photos of the figures on their website.
This is their reply:

Sorry about web site, it will be updated after Christmas.

Yes I do a Victorian Doirama, it is an exact copy of the pagent put on at Windsor railway station in the early eighties by Madame Tussaurd`s titled Royalty and Empire and depicts Queen Victotia greeting her guests who have come to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee, the date is 19th June 1897.

The models involed are as follows:-
1] Ascot Landau with4 horses and 2 postillion riders and 2 Grooms.
1] Barouche with 2 horses driver and footman, 2 grooms in rear seat.

Queen Victoria, Victoria Emprees of Germany [queens eldest daughter], Edward Prince of Wales,
Prince and Princess Henry of Prussia, Arther Duke of Connaught, Prince maurice and princess Ena of Battenberg [children], Marharajah Sir Partab Singh.

Lt. Col. Brocklehurst the Blues, Major Codrington C.G., Capt. Steel [Adjutant] Regt Sgt Major Wright C.G., Ensign C.G., Capt. C.G. and last but not least boy with broom.

All the above come as castings, Landau £25 per set, Barouche £23 per set, Lt Col. mounted £4,
all other figures are foot figures @ £2 each.
Victorian guardsmen with slade/wallace equipment £2 each, 70 needed for the doirama.

Hope this helps you.
Best regards

Richard White, Scarlet and Gold

I have asked them if they can send me some photos to see what the figures look like. I actually remember going to the exhibition that they used for inspiration. I think there will be lots of potential for these figures. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:26:22 PM »
This sounds extremely promising. What scale are the figs in?

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:40:35 PM »
From what's been said on the other thread, I believe they are compatible with 28 - 32mm stuff.

I'm hoping that this range will take off, and they start bringing out some other regiments. Specifically, late Victorian dragoon guards. I've been trying to find some for my Dad for ages, and except for some really rather nice but expensive Pegasso ones in 90mm, I can't find a thing.

Anybody any ideas? Home service uniform for preference, and 28mm. And the moon on a stick, if you've time... :wink:

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »
They have subsequently sent me another email saying they will have photos on the website after Christmas. In the meantime they are sending me a sample guardsmen. I wil post a photo here for your amusement. :)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:24:48 PM »
1] Ascot Landau with4 horses and 2 postillion riders and 2 Grooms.
1] Barouche with 2 horses driver and footman, 2 grooms in rear seat.

I wonder if they will sell the postillion riders or barouche driver separate - one of these might be just the thing as a driver for the Golden Compass carriage ....
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
Re: Scarlet and Gold - Queen Victoria
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 06:14:46 AM »
They have subsequently sent me another email saying they will have photos on the website after Christmas. In the meantime they are sending me a sample guardsmen. I wil post a photo here for your amusement. :)

So, Malamute, did you ever receive that Guardsman, and if so, how does he look?
-Tommy

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Scarlet and Gold - Queen Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

So, Malamute, did you ever receive that Guardsman, and if so, how does he look?

No he never arrived... :( But I did buy Queen Victoria's Barouche carriage with Drivers. It is large even by todays heroic size 28 and the horses are huge, so may have to swap them out for another pair of horses. The carriage is also massive compared to say the westwind Hansom cab or the Dixon stagecoach. :?
The figures are also very tall and very toy soldier like. The arms and legs are quite thin and the poses stiff. There is little detail on them, so alot will have to be painted on to  get a decent effect. ::)
Perhaps I am being over critical, but I would not be inclined to use them as wargames miniatures.
 The stuff is also quite expensive, but the carriage does look nice, and will make a nice centrepiece for a game, shame they don't do a seated Queen Victoria for it.
Shame its stil in its box awaiting assembly!