Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mantic "corporation" plastic minis  (Read 32769 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Mantic "corporation" plastic minis
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
More pics and an announcement:

Released in September, these great sci-fi figures are now available to pre-order and as is tradition at Mantic, we launch our pre-orders with amazing value for money army deals that allow you to pick up loads of cool new miniatures for use in your sci-fi game of choice, each themed around a different style of attack.

Protocol: Strike army deal is built around a balance force of Strike, Assault and Suppression teams whilst the Protocol: Assault Army Deal and Protocol: Suppress Army Deal are the deals for you if you want an army equipped for Close Combat or simply want more devastating firepower - of course there's nothing stopping you picking up both and having a truly massive force, with free July shipping and free sci-fi gaming rules of course!

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e62f0c35454fa3ba687404d69&id=1744e38ea2&e=215e186c4a

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »
I don't know if it's the gun or the stance or something I can't put my finger on, but I don't like that figure as much as the shot from the back.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
I don't know if it's the gun or the stance or something I can't put my finger on, but I don't like that figure as much as the shot from the back.

I think the figure shot from the back isn't any of those I posted after. It's yet another model.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
The legs look very short on that latest one (ignoring Commander Vyper's repeat): not much more than a third of his height.  Are these robots or people in armour?
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
The legs look very short on that latest one (ignoring Commander Vyper's repeat): not much more than a third of his height.  Are these robots or people in armour?

I think they are people in armour.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »

It's the gun stance and the knock knee'd ness of that one that puts me off.

Liking the big guy though, (re: WANT!) His weapon looks very similar to the one reaper sculpted for their not GOW marines though???

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:51 PM »
Could be a stand-in weapon for scale or posing.  I agree the heavy guy looks pretty cool...the basic troopers (while better than the abysmal original ones) still look...meh.  They are way too busy (something I hate about a lot of Sci-Fi designs).  It reminds me of Michhael Bay's atrocious transformers..."hey let's just add...1,000 more parts to make it look more confusing and disjointed!".

I will say this though - I don't really care, because I won't be in the market for these guys anyway.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
The legs look very short on that latest one (ignoring Commander Vyper's repeat): not much more than a third of his height
Yep, it does look like from the "heavy weapon trooper" that they are forging on with the short leg types. I suppose it's part of the aesthetic then :?

The big guy looks a bit more promising.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2012, 06:54:54 AM »
Could be, the fig shown rear view shown earlier doesn't seem to be quite so stumpy-legged. This one is certainly shown from an unflattering angle, regarding the legs:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/sci-fi-wargaming/check-golem-studios-painted-enforcer/

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2012, 07:48:04 AM »
That's very disheartening to see. My wallet and i were just getting back on speaking terms, and now I'm going to be forced to buy hundreds of these guys.

These guys are seriously awesome, I can't wait for them to release. All the design aspects I love about Infinity in multi-part plastic? Yes please. It's like an entire force of the good, non-knight PanOceana, but you can pose and convert them and they're cast in a much preferred medium.
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »
I pre-ordered a batch. Look like bulked out Infinity figs to me. At a better price.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
More painted Enforcers:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warpath/warpath-enforces-golem-painting-treatment/

The leg/torso ratio is apparently a bit of a hit and miss with these. Most seem to be decent enough considering the pic from the linky.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »

These... Remind me of Mass Effect's Cerberus troops, not of anything that CB have done for Infinity. I suspect that the colour scheme is reinforcing that more than these specific models, though some of the other Enforcer designs are closer than others.

Not that's a bad thing mind (I'm a huge fan of both ME and Infinity), but I do find that Mantic's stuff is always just a bit too copy-cat (I am also aware they they are not alone in this; I'm just pointing it out), and yet they never seem able to improve on whatever it is they are copying... Which is a pity really.

I do like that they are always trying to improve and do better in terms of sculpting and production though; they really have come on in leaps and bounds, and you can see this with each army they release! Hopefully they'll eventually develop their own style in time and then really hit their stride.

In the meantime - as nice as the painting is on these Enforcers - I think I'll give these a miss.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2012, 06:08:06 AM »
Yet more painted Enforcers:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warpath/enforcers-drop-advance-order-mantic-games/

Their legs still look a little funky in the pix, even tho these are taken more from the side and so should give a decent idea about the proportions. But they do look much better than previous Corporation troops. I think I may have to cave in to a box of these.