Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Small Bat Rep: Kentucky Jones and The African Magician  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Small Bat Rep: Kentucky Jones and The African Magician
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
Deep in the African Jungle, the famous biologist Dr. Konstapolis had disappeared months ago.

Through courage and insane luck, Kentucky Jones and his crack team of French Legionaries had pinned down the location where the doctor had last been seen and even gotten to know a few of the local wimminfolk in the process.

As Kentucky and his compatriots soon realised, the area in which the good doctor had disappeared was reknowned for two things only: ginormeous killer crocodiles and human cannibals!

Surely the good doctor would have had the keen sense of selfpreservation not to study either subject while being lost? At least that's what Kentucky hoped when he set out - eager to find if his old friend was alive, cooked and served with ostrich eggs or in the belly of that legendary beast: the albino croc! 

Meanwhile Dr. Konstapolis arch enemy - The African Magician - was also on the look out for his former employer. Having spied on Kentucky for the last two months Razzo Thenguelis had learned just enough to try and guess where Konstapolis had to be.

And so Thenguelis and Kentucky arrived on the scene at the very same time in order to kill and rescue the good doctor:

Thenguelis and local servants

Kentucky and the faithful Legionaries

One of Thenguelis' men is quickly disposed of by a rampaging elephant that reduces the man to bone dust under it's trampling feet.

A lucky shot by a legionnaire hits Thenguelis in the shoulder so that he falls to the ground badly wounded.   

Kentucky & Co. push forward eagerly searching for their friend.

Another of Thenguelis men find the much feared albino crocodile who is only happy to make him his next meal.

The legionnaires also manage to find a few local creatures bent on eating them...

But luckily the French reflects are AWESOME!

But then in the eleventh hour Thenguelis' men manage to find Dr. Konstapolis who has indeed been nosing to much around the local cannibals and is now in the midst of becoming their next meal!

But Kentucky swoops from the shadow and into the rescue. Knocking out the fez bearing minion with his .45!

Thenguelis tries a last and desperate attempt at magick. Trying to instill fear in the French heart... but it is all in vain as the French legionnaires don't know fear and have no hearts!

Finally Kentucky manages to drag the Doctor back to the truck and escape the hideous wild African country side.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: Small Bat Rep: Kentucky Jones and The African Magician
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
Nice AAR and pretty miniatures.

I really liked how you painted the elephant and the albino croc.

And it appears Mr. Jones arrived just in time in the best Pulp fashion!

Thanks for sharing.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:43 AM »
The game looks like it was alot of fun.
Who would think one could take a bath with hot water in the middle of Africa. lol
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »
What a fun bat rep!  :D
A wizard, bad guys in fezzes, a Dr. in a cooking pot, an albino croc, and Legionaries.
I love it.  :-*

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »
Yup.  Has all the ingredients for a good Pulp stew...pun intended.   lol
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!