Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686601
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: MacLAM 2012  (Read 9671 times)

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
Re: MacLAM 2012
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
Having had a quick look at the photos here are a few from the weekend.

Day 1

The superb squid begins to find itself forming the middle of a seafood sandwich. (Or should I say sub?)

Tha barracudas attack the whale from behind...

...only moments later suggesting an alliance with the whale against the turtle.

Day 2

Sadly I took hardly any photos of the amazing zeppelin, but that just speaks to how amazing the game was. lol

Day 3

And here are a few sneak peeks from Pulp Monday, part one of the battle report will follow later today. So for the moment you'll have to guess what was going on.

And who would live in a house like this....?

Dr X, that's who!

Checking for directions...

Mein Doodlesack ist mangelhaft

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »
I am glad somebody got this picture :D

Paddy O'Connor finding out that a German crewman does not have a ticket and throws him out a window lol lol lol

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »
I am glad somebody got this picture :D

Paddy O'Connor finding out that a German crewman does not have a ticket and throws him out a window lol lol lol

No Ticket!

Good classic pulp fun!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
Our first game of the weekend was the Aqua-naught game.
This is basically a free for all. Each person controls a single sub or in one case a pair of smaller subs.
We had five players.
The subs used were
The Squid - David
The Prussian Whale - growlergods son
Nemo’s Crab walker - Barry
The turtle - growlergod
And the pair of Barracudas - Kestrel
The first picture shows the “turning into the torpedo” tactic that surprisingly seem to work on both occasions that it was used. :o :o :o

The poor squid sub got sandwiched between the crab and the turtle and got pinched/crushed into little bits. But David the commander of the sub managed to patch enough of the sub together with his last minute repair rolls to keep it afloat for about five turns after it should have been done for.

The barracudas were being really sneaky and kept out of the main fight until the end.
The whale has just fired both its torps at the Turtle. This was a son picking on a father, talk about a grudge match

The grudge match continues as the subs clash. The Squid is now bits of floatsam. Along with one of the Barracudas by this time.

Another view of the same clash. With the crab rushing to join in the mayhem.

Surrounded and not so lucky with repair roles. The turtle in wrecked.

The final battle. With surprisingly, the small Barracuda being the sole(Pun intended) survivor. As the other two sub commanders were basically crap (or should that be carp) at repair rolls

More pics to follow soon

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »
The barracudas were being really sneaky and kept out of the main fight until the end.

I wasn't sneaky, I was just so intimidating they all wanted to fight at the other end of the table. lol

Click here for Part 1 of The Hunt For Doctor X

Offline growlergod

• Schoolboy
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the games on saturday, lots of fun. Shame I couldn't make it to the Sunday games but I was slightly hung over from my friends birthday night out  :)

Great to see loads of pictures but none of the legend that is the "Immortal Abdul" gotta say, something wrong there lol.

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
A veritable feast of eye candy. Thanks chaps.
Don't!

Offline Caddarn

• Lurker
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
As the relative noob & zeppelin ticket inspector attending the event I'd like to thank oldskoolrebel, gamer Mac & Kestrel for making me feel very welcome and introducing me to some fun new games. 

I had an absolute blast guys and don't think I thanked you enough over the weekend!  Fingers crossed the numbers are up for next year but I'll be doing everything I can to make sure I'll be there!

Dave

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
Dave, it was an absolute pleasure to have you there! I'm already looking forward to next year!

Cheers
Andy

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Dave, thanks for showing such enjoyment while you were there.

Be warned though, that I'm going to practice my piloting skills for next year and I won't be such an easy target for you next year.  8) - That's right I've put on my Aviators to show I'm serious about being Top Gun. lol

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 06:51:58 PM »
As the relative noob & zeppelin ticket inspector attending the event I'd like to thank oldskoolrebel, gamer Mac & Kestrel for making me feel very welcome and introducing me to some fun new games. 

I had an absolute blast guys and don't think I thanked you enough over the weekend!  Fingers crossed the numbers are up for next year but I'll be doing everything I can to make sure I'll be there!

Dave
Your welcome, anytime

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 11:10:02 PM »
Some more pictures

Next up was oldschoolrebels pulp game. A very nice set up.

I was controlling the Germans

The nice little forge was the starting point for the fez wearing cultists

My officer managed to get the first book, not the one we were after but I tried a bit of sneaky deception and headed to the exit point to draw the enemy teams away from the real objective. It worked because the Chinese turned round and then spent most of the game in a fire fight in that one area

The funniest moment of the game. My NCO was after the real book, we believed was in the police office. He decided to use his dynamite to take out the gate and some of the militia into the bargain. But after setting the explosives and trying to do a runner got mobbed by a bunch of beggars and couldn’t get far enough away from the explosion. Even with the “beggar” body armour my NCO was splattered all over the street. But managed to take out the door and a couple of guards

More tomorrow

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 12:01:08 AM »
Nice set-up!  :-*

BTW... did you all chow down on some choice haggis any evening ???

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 08:38:38 AM »
No haggis. Tappas the first night and Sunday roast the second.  I am sure we could arrange haggis for next year. If you look closely at the second and third pictures above you can see the little Gits running rou ;D

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
Hey Colin; do you have any more pictures of my game? It's just I never took any  lol

Cheers
Andy