Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:53:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Minis I would like to see made  (Read 10485 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Minis I would like to see made
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »
The US ones are cool but the others are too blocky for my liking. And why do they have powered armour and yet normal helmets. Surely if they had that sort of tech helmets wouldn't be too much of a problem

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
@werwulf - once again, thanks for the Japanese links. Those power armour soldiers aren't really that good (IMHO) and in the wrong scale for me. Just like beefcake said, the US one are ok, but the rest... :?

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 01:02:03 AM »
Helicopters. And more power armour in a diesel punk style. *cough*Fallout*cough*T-51b*cough*T-45d*cough*

Offline werwulf

• Schoolboy
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59:58 AM »
O.K., so I've been contemplating doing my own figures for WWWII as I'm not quite finding what I like or in the wrong scale (I'm a 15mm type guy).  So, I did post a question like this earlier but this seems to be a better venue for it.  I like moderate Sci-Fi in my WWWII, plausibility.  Power armor,walkers,Tesla weapons,zombies maybe werwulves.  That's about as sci-fi/weird as I want to get.  As I mentioned in another post, I liked the look of the early Dust stuff, the new stuff looks to 40kis and way to sci-fi.  I like the look of the west wind infantry, flack jackets and beefed up rifles.  So plausibly, what would a WWWII infantry be equipped with, Steel plate armor, flak jackets were in use during Korea, maybe that.  I'm wanting to incorporate real things like NVG, but would the infantry weapon improve?  I mean would they have a different beefier weapon, because they are now dealing with armor clad grunts.  Maybe the M1 grand turns to the M14, or a variant of the M16? Maybe lasers?
    Walkers, I have, using the frames of DP9's Gear Krieg mechs, but changing the legs and getting rid of the goofy little arms.
 Power armor, I'm on the fence.  I do like the look of Incursion APES and the West Wind British armor.   I do like the look of the American power armor done by Clockwork Goblin.  My question, using plausibility, what would power armor use in WWII, gas or battery power.  Would there be a need of power armor if there were already walkers?  What would a power armor plausibly carry as a weapon, grenade launcher, panzerfaust, panzershreck, machine gun?  Would it be mounted like an integrated machine-gun hand, or carried, like a normal infantryman?
What about Tesla weapons and lasers?  Plausibly, used only on tanks and walkers?
Any and all suggestions welcome.
Check out Werwulfs War Room
http://werwulfswarroom.blogspot.ca/

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »
It's a pity you are a 15mm fan ;) If you were a 28mm one I would definitely help you with a miniature line.

I think that Dust figures and the SOTR are a step in the right direction - soldiers sporting flak jackets/steel plate armor. The SSU guys from DUST are really good. Just look at these real-life equivalents:

And it even looks good on a certain super-soldier:

As for the infantry weapons, I think most of the soldiers should get heavy caliber automatic weapons with grenade launchers (or just individual launchers like the old M79). And RPG-like weapons (maybe a early model LAW/superbazooka for the Allies; improved panzerfaust/schreck for the Germans; early RPG - a RPG2 - for the Soviets). That would give them some punch against light mechs/tanks and even power armor.

Since I mentioned power armor - I like both the Dust ones (German and American) and the Incursion APES. I don't like most of the SOTR ones :\ I can also imagine something like the MaKs/Red Blok Kolossus being used. Even with mechs in use, the power armor troopers would be essential to get to those spots where the big mechs couldn't get. And the power armor troopers could also be used as tank/mech killers, like the Clan Elementals on BT. For armament, arm them with a mix of machine guns and rockets launchers, integrated on their hands. Mechs carrying stuff is just to Japanese for my tastes, lol.

Walkers - I would go for something like the Dust ones or the Red Blok ones. Just arm them (and the tanks) with heavier stuff - those lasers and Tesla weapons. Like Agis did here:

http://www.agisn.de/html/experimental_tanks.html

I imagine that weapons like that would need some big power sources so they would be mounted on heavier vehicles. And don't forget railguns ;)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2012, 01:04:38 AM »
Ok, I didn't like the soldiers in power-armour, but the walkers are nice:

The US walker is far better than the Sherman with legs from Dust. It's a pity this line is 15mm  :'(

Offline werwulf

• Schoolboy
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:49:43 PM by werwulf »

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »
That must be the fifth layout design for the O-I I've seen so far. Not bad for a vehicle which supposedly only had one model made and shipped to Manchuria. Although given the size of the secondary turrets, it must be smaller than all the other versions.
Read "Alfie's Tenners", appearing in Aurora magazine!
Expand your GK forces with cardboard models, available on DriveThruRPG!http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4773_4902
Your ad here, for a low price!