Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689637
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Have you played it???  (Read 2175 times)

Offline muppetman

• Librarian
Have you played it???
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
I have had my eye on RULES OF ENGAGEMENT for some time. The rules come from a company called Great Escape Games, they make some great looking figs and the whole thing just looks great.. but is it???

If anyone has played R.O.E and would like to comment it could be very helpful, maybe even save me a few quid

P.S. wings of war rocks!!!!
Its not my fault! it just went off!!

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Have you played it???
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:48:12 PM »
I have a copy, but we've not had a chance to play yet.  Still building up our forces from squads to reinforced platoon size.

So I can't say how it plays, but it looks good on paper.

The figures on their website are fantastic BAM models, organised to fit the nicely researched Orders of Battle in the rulebook.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Have you played it???
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
Looked at it at the York show, they had a demo game running, but didn't get the chance to try it out. Hoping that they might be at the Triples.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Have you played it???
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »
I played my first game with my son other night, 28mm British Para’s against  SS panzergrenaders , Para's was defending 2 ruins , never got it finished but Para's had upper hand.
We never used vehicles’ just a Platoon Command  and 2 squads this being a mandatory requirement., this was 16 Germen plus one HMG, infantry AT and one Mortar as support, the Para’s had 26 men and same support.
Para’s Mortar took it’s toll on the Germen command in the open, with some lucky dice throws  I wiped them out, then the Germen LMG group and other groups within 20cm had to take a discipline test  due to seeing  them being wiped out with in 20cm, the LMG group failed the discipline and  had to fallback 30cm.It’s not about killing as much as possible but laying down enough fire to force a discipline test on the group. There is more to the discipline rules but you need buy the book to read them
Example, son moved his German 3 crew HMG up to have LOS to ruins, he managed to kill a PIAT loader, on my turn I fired my gun section at the HMG, this was the bren and a rifle, I got 4 hits on the HMG killing one German  as  he had more then double the hits on them as he had crew left , his HMG crew was shaken and had to do a discipline roll next round, he ether opts to  fallback 30cm, witch would mean he was suppressed  or pass the roll and become suppressed and stayed were he was (if I had not killed the Germen his squad would have been suppressed instead of shaken as the hits was no longer double his crew) ,, he rolled and failed,  and had to fall back 30cm, plus his gun crew was now demoralised , you have confident,  suppressed, shaken, demoralised,  destroyed , confident let’s you carry out all orders, the other  cut’s you chose of orders down.

We used the basic rules and may have missed out some of them, but over all enjoyed it, with few more games I should have a better understanding of the rules, and start to bring in the vehicles’ .