Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Native American based game on Kickstarter (Going Native: Warpath)  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
Re: Native American based game on Kickstarter (Going Native: Warpath)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
I am working on getting the greens. Funding for this project has always been a problem, since i have mostly been funding this out of my pocket. So their has been challanges to say the least. This kickstarter is all about the models.

I just finished putting up the add ons. They are sorted by sizes,

Warrior Add Ons are Man Sized Models.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/329614

Spirit Beast Add Ons are monster sized models.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/329654

Other Add Ons are just other Stuff like Mayan Number Dice, Rule Books, and Additional Kits.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/329694

Thank you for your support guys

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
While I'm not in the market for a new game I'm excited to see these outlandish monsters released in miniature form, and buy a few! I love the Ahklut sculpt and the concept art for the flying heads has got me hyped. Best of luck dude.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »
Thanks.

I am working real hard to bring the best native american models out their. The monster are one of my favorate parts of this project. I have collected well over 100 monsters from native myths. Some are mundain, but others are fantastic and truely bizzare.

If you are just interested in the models, we have just models options.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
Going Native: Warpath is real close to reaching the campaign goal. We felt that it was time for some updates.

By request, there are now all model pledge options that offer Spirit Beast in place of Core Rule books. These all model kits are great deals. For example, the Wise Old Fox All Model kit offer 60 man sized models for $3 each and the 6 spirit beasts that come with the kit are free. These kits are limited in number, so you may want to jump on it while there are some left.

I am proud to announce that Ian Mountain just finished the Pacific Northwest War Chief. This is the planned War Chief for the Pacific Northwest Tribes War Party Starter Kit.

This model was inspired by photos of the Kwakiutl (Kwakwaka'wakw) tribe taken in the early 1900s.

Also by fan request, we have also made some avatars.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
I wanted to thank every one here, we reached the funding goal for the campaign. With out you guys i would not have been able to do this.

Lets contue to get the word out thier and lets get the other starter kits unlocked. Thanks to every one, You are truely awsome.

Offline Mr Pommeroy

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
Congratulations on reaching the funding goal! I just found out about Going Native: Warpath and it very much strikes my interest. The greens look splendid and I have been looking for well-sculpted Hawai'ians for quite a while now. I shall very much look forward to seeing the first sculpts.

This miniaturist secretly dreams of re-enacting Captain Cook's last hours ...  >:D

Regards and continued good luck,
Pommeroy

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »
 :o

um...I am not going to make a captain cook for you to kill unless you pay for it.

On of the kits that i really want unlocked is the Hawaiian kit. I just like the way they look, they look so different from any other model i have ever seen on the market. Then again so do the rest of my models. huh, never thought about it before.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 03:17:03 AM »
The Consept sketch for the Mo'o just came in today. The Mo'o is the spirit beast that comes with the Hawaiian Koa Starter Kit.

The Mo'o is one of the most Common Guardian Spirits though out the cultures of the Pacific Islands. The Mo'o takes the form of a gekko, and it protects pools of fresh clean water on the islands.

Offline Mr Pommeroy

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »
I am picturing a british landing party supported by royal marines facing a horde of Hawai'ian wariors in a lavish Pacific island setting, outcome open!

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
You that is the kind of think that i wanted people to use my models for. Sounds like fun.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
A mystery spirit beast has been spotted in the dark waters in the lakes of north and south america.

This is a special Spirit Beast will be made available to all levels Warrior and above as a Spirit Beast add on upon reaching $7000. If we reach the $9000 goal by Tuesday 10/30, every one that has the Wise Old Fox level kit or above will recieve one of these Mystery Spirit Beast for no additional cost.

What do you think it is?

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »
The Lake Monster found in the lakes of the americans are know by meny names, Ogopogo, Memphre, Nahuelito, Champ, Ouampenanagoag, just to name a few. But all of these bease share similar traits like a long neck, and is very long. Some cryptozoological ideas have the american lake monster being a plesiosaur or ancient whale. Give the climate these monsters are found, others believe that they are much more likely related to a Sturgeon.

This is a special Spirit Beast will be made available to all levels Warrior and above as a Spirit Beast add on upon reaching $7000. If we reach the $9000 goal by Tuesday 10/30, every one that has the Wise Old Fox level kit or above will recieve one American Lake Monster for no additional cost.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
By request I have addressed the Stretch Goals and the Add Ons.  I hope that this is now easier to read. I will change the add ons as we unlock them.

Sorry this was a not done sooner, i fell ill over the weekend. So please forgive me.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/341162

Here is a video (kind of) that breaks down the War Party (Army) Selection of Going Native: Warpath.

I this helps you guys who want more infomation about the game. I will try to get more videos up soon.

Please let me know what you think. :)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/341497

This Video is a break down of how each war party is theamed and how it should play. I also give alot of insite into how i built these lists.

I hope that you guys like it. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks