Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Native American based game on Kickstarter (Going Native: Warpath)  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath

Paymaster Games first game, Going Native: Warpath is set for release in the summer of 2013 and we are currently raising funds and selling preorders on Kickstarter. Going Native: Warpath focuses on the native cultures of the Americas and the Pacific and their mythology. We are taking a completely new approach to natives then other games; our game is set in a time before the Europeans arrived in America or the Pacific. Instead of large armies with several models that most historical games require that you make to, Going Native: Warpath takes different approach. Instead of large armies, GN:W forces are smaller and faster groups that resemble realistic War Parties that were formed when it was time to go to war.

We also approached Native American myths and legends as well. Unlike the myths of Europe and Asia, the legendary creatures of the Americas are largely unknown to the average gamer or hobbyist. One of the goals of Going Native: Warpath was to bring these amazing and bizarre creatures to the table top for the first time. Your armies, referred to as War Parties in this game, would not only be able to field the better known American creatures like Feathered Serpents, Sasquatch, or the Thunderbird, but they would also get the opportunity to use fiery Cherufe, the powerful Piasa, or the seductive Deer Woman as well.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: Native American based game on Kickstarter (Going Native: Warpath)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
Cool stuff! Looks very well done too. I may just have to kick in...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
I really like this and the initial sculpts look good. You need bigger shots of the concept art and box contents though, it's difficult to make out. Do you have them on another website that you can link to?
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:02 AM »
I am working on that right now. It should be up tomarrow.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
Great, looking forward to seeing them. This is very tempting.

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Not much tempted by another new game that'll take the dust in my library, but the miniature design and the very subject are pretty interessing so far.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
Well you could use the models for Historical gaming like Fields of Glory, Clash of Empires, and Hail Ceaser as well. Other then the spirit beasts, the models are taken right from history, you would just have to swap the round base they come with to a square base. My models are all 28mm and scale well with Foundry and GW.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
An interesting and fun concept.  I always worry, however, when supernatural or super-powerful forces get involved because it seems the battles devolve into slugging matches between the powerful beasties with the rest of the figures ending up as cannon fodder.  Game balance is very important to prevent this.  But...I like the figures I see so far.  :)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
Troops are the focus of Going Native. In most cases that troops are way stronger then the Spirit Beasts in our playtesting. The Spirit Beasts are intended support the troops and not the other way around like Horde/Warmachine. Please remember I took these beasts traight our of the myths of native people and in meny of those myth a tribe or a couple of heroes were able to slay the monsters, so i kept that in mind.

Offline greatescapegames

• Scientist
    • Great Escape Games
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
I want to see that Aztec officer painted; he looks absolutely lovely even in green form.
Publisher of "Clash of Empires" Ancient and Medieval wargaming rules, and "Rules of Engagement", WW2 wargaming in 28mm, at www.greatescapegames.co.uk

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »
Their has been an update on the campaign page

As we Progress, it is time for another update. This update is to the Aztec Triple Alliance War Party Starter kit. The Spirit Beast that comes with that kit is the Ahuizotl Otter.

Cryptozoologists believe the Ahuizotl Otter was once the largest Otter that has ever lived in North America and was native to the lakes and streams of Mesoamerica. According to the myths of the Aztecs and the other groups in Mesoamerica, The Ahuizotl Otter had a hand on its tail and often attacked and drowned people that wandered it to deep water. According to the logs of Christopher Columbus, he encountered one as it attack and killed a rather ill-tempered Spanish boar.

The planned size of this beast is about 20mm to 25mm at the withers and will be mounted on a new style 40mm round base.

Thanks Guys

See you next update.

What do you think?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
I am thinking its face looks to much like a pit-bulls  lol.
But I am loving the idea.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
Good morning every one.

One of the most requested updates have been made. The Contents of the War Party Starter Kits.

The Aztec Triple Alliance  - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/328669

The Pacific Northwest Tribes - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/328677

The Hawaiian Koa - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/328686

The Woodland Tribes - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/328724

The Incan Empire - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-warpath/posts/328736

I am hoping to get the Add Ons today.

Offline Raza Decon

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
Hello Guys,

We have 3 kits that are now just models. They are -

$50 Warrior - One Starter Kits and One Monster Hunter
 $110 Shaman Just Models - One Spirit Beast, Two Starter Kits, Two Monster Hunters
 $185 Wise Old Fox Just Models - Two Spirit Beasts, Four Starter Kits, Four monster hunters

How does this sound?

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
Love this idea but it's too many drawings and not enough actual sculpts to suck me in, unfortunately.