Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 02:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697482
  • Total Topics: 118835
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What are T&T rules like ?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline LostInBrittany

• Student
    • http://www.lostinbrittany.org/blog/
What are T&T rules like ?
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
Hi all !

Yesterday, after several weeks lurking the forum, I registered at last. And then I saw this T&T section.

As I'm a rulesbook junkie, I love trying new rules sets, I was instantly interested. And 13€ isn't too expensive.

I've tried to find reviews in the net, but I haven't found any. And I would really like to know more before buying.

So, could anybody tell me more or less how T&T rules are ?

I've played many minis games, from Warhammer (any edition) to many small and obscure rules set, from fantasy and SciFi to historical. So if you can tell me "it is a bit like that game" or "initiative is like this game, shooting like that other, army building is completly different", I guess I could decide if it's a game for me or not.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

LostInBrittany

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
Hi,

lets see what David Brickley wrote !

"At Phil's we tried out Triumph and Tragedy again with his growing Spanish Civil War collection. I must say I won, and rather hansomely, so they are obviously good rules! "
( from David Brickleys wargaming site )

Ok, Iam one of the co authors so Iam not the right person to write a review of the rules. But I can give you a short summary.

Actually T+T was written for Darkest Africa gaming. When they were finnished and test played we quickly found out that the rules could cover ( with short modifications ) a period from about 1860 until the early world war 2.

So we wrote and tested rules for air attacks, artillery, machine guns etc we also changed the initiative system slightly.

In T+T you play with units ( you also have heros - they are individuals and represent the player on the tabletop. They are not a must but can add more fun or pulp  to the game if you like hollywood style gaming).

Units are sorted after quality. Raw is bad - elite is the best. The quality rating is valued with numbers ( initiative value ) The units activate on there initiative. Together with the initiative you play ordercards to the unit you want to play next. Because of this activation system you come very close to real time wargaming.

Combat is resolved with a d10. All other checks are rolled with either one d6 or two d6.

With the rulebook you get all templates, unit cards etc. Here at the forum are a few sample pages.

We are planning forthcomming supplements but due to the large number of wargame shows we wanted to visit we are a bit delayed.

The feedback we had since november ( release date ) was very good.  The people liked the writing. Easy to understand and entertaining to read.

One guy was not that happy with the rules. He missed the tournament aspect of the game.  

Feel free to ask for more info on T+T.

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
Get them you will not be disappointed, find some of the battle reports on the forum and you will be hooked :)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »
I got them and they are easy to read and understand.

I am about to play a small intorduction type game with a few figures with a friend.

Grimms adventures sound as though the game will be a good experience.

Dodge

Offline LostInBrittany

• Student
    • http://www.lostinbrittany.org/blog/
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »
Hmmm, I think I'm rather convinced, I guess I'm buying it... :)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »
You will not be disappointed.