Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691086
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: One of the coolest hobby related things I've seen, and I don't even like 40K  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
The rules weren't too bad, a bit of a mix of tabletop and rpg in many respects. I only ever played a few test games as no one else was intetested. I bought the figures to model and paint though so I wasn't too bothered about playing and building massive terrain. I picked up the rules cheeply on ebay mainly out of curiousity. You can still get them for next to nothing last time I looked.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Last time I checked you can download the Inquisitor rules for free from GW's Black Library.
I remember them being sort of a funky narrative style that required a GM.
You might be better off using Necromunda or In the Emperor's Name, both also free!
There was an Inquismunda project out there I remember hearing about as well.

On another note, I was checking out the GW site for the first time in a while.

There's some great models in their Sister of Battle line.
Then I noticed the pricing!  :o
They want $17.00 USD for this guy!

I guess I'm totally out of touch with what people will pay for minis these days.  :(

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
I quite liked Inquisator despite it being insanely detailed. It plays almost like an RPG, as it's the narratives and flavour are what really make the ruleset shine. You don't really want to play with more than 4 minis a side as it'll quickly og down. Inquisamunda looks decent, though I've not played it.
Duncan

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
or you are just a sane man trying to make sense of an insane situation

So its not just me!  lol

Our own Professor runs a small miniature company with lovely detailed miniatures. And he sells them for a fraction of the cost!

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
I love 40k when people use imagination with it, stretching the rather bland tame image into something far more, putting personal touches in and not limiting themselves to the framework gw created.

40k gets very boring however when people just put unpainted models on the table, argue for 2 hours over rules and concentrate solely on tabling there opponent in 1-2 turns.

Unfortunately the latter is more common than the former.

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
I love the warhammer 40K background, not so keen on the 'massed ranks of orks and marines charging in like some sort of ruck', i imagine future warfare to be spread out and fluid.
I have actually tried the Inquisitor rules with 28mm, but they're a bit clunky for me. I played with the idea of making Space Marines in gothic style full plate armour but never got round to it.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
If I ever did start an Inqusitor project, I'd probably invest in various plastics for conversion purposes. Those GW minis are nice, but way out of my price range.

Are there any alternatives out there for less expensive Inqustor type minis other than EBay?

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I seem to recall I bought a couple of plastic 1:35 vehicle kits to convert to Inquisitor vehicles so I must have also figured that was more or less right. Never did them though.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
If I ever did start an Inqusitor project, I'd probably invest in various plastics for conversion purposes. Those GW minis are nice, but way out of my price range.

Are there any alternatives out there for less expensive Inqustor type minis other than EBay?

Sorry guys. I meant the one true scale 28's.  :D

I imagine Pig Iron and Ramshackle Games miniatures would convert over quite well for a 28mm Inquistor project.  :D

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Yep, that Reaper mini fits the bill.  :-*

I'm in no position to start a new project right now, but the Mantic Christmas deals is a great idea.  :-*

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Im thinking of getting a pole dancing mini to swing off his flight stand and a few 'barbarian' babes that answered a job ad 'wanted bikini models to lounge around galactic crime lords home' to add to the scene.There were some good ones that came with the last edition of the dark eldar big boss.

???

You crazy Scurv!  ;D

Online beefcake

• Galactic Brain
I've always wanted to get that Chronoscope miniature. He reminds me of Sludge Vohaul from the Space Quest games. I loved those games.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
He is going to be the rival to my hutt crime lord I scored. Jabba gets dancing girls and carrie fisher in a leather bikini. This guy needs goils/molls too!

The thought just struck me what about those zombie babes by WGF! Now thats the sort of girl this guy would go for, all squishy and nurgled. I was going to use some bloat thralls for his personal bodyguard so they will fit with that too.

lol

That's a really cool idea. I like it.  :D

I just had no idea what the hell you were talking about before. All of a sudden you started talking about stripper poles. lol

That Mantic X-Mas offfer is looking mighty tempting by the way.  ;D

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
And the bad manners continue with a link to another forum.

http://www.powerfist.dk/forum/index.php?topic=61340.0

Really neat stuff.

Also, with Ramshackle Games Shop back up I took a peek around.
http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/

A lot of Curtis' stuff is ready to go without any conversion work!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Yes some of the guys over on powerfist are very talented when it comes to modelling and painting. A few of them put their heads in at Horizont and (here) and seeing their work is rather inspiring.
Duncan