Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690786
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) AE-WWII Second Edition  (Read 6493 times)

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
(KICKSTARTER) AE-WWII Second Edition
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:21:47 AM »
Hi all, we're doing a Kickstarter to get a second edition of AE-WWII made.  Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackballgames/ae-wwii-european-theater
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:39:53 PM by Westfalia Chris »
The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the universe.

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
Re: AE-WWII Second Edition Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:30:44 AM »
I'm all in, you can have my money  :)

Offline GnomesofZurich

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »
I'm excited for this, good to see models for the Vril Engineer, OORD Agent and MOAA Agent will finally be released. The unlocking units have to be some of the most used units in the game. Did anyone else notice that the SS Occult detachment omits a Schutzkommando SS, and that the Vril Engineer is listed as Elite?

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
I'm excited for this, good to see models for the Vril Engineer, OORD Agent and MOAA Agent will finally be released. The unlocking units have to be some of the most used units in the game. Did anyone else notice that the SS Occult detachment omits a Schutzkommando SS, and that the Vril Engineer is listed as Elite?

You caught that, did you?   :D

We will be getting these occult unlocking units sculpted as part of the project.  We're also going to be tweaking the SS force organization to remove the two-step unlock that really bogs down that branch.  So good stuff all around!

Offline GnomesofZurich

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »
You caught that, did you?   :D

We will be getting these occult unlocking units sculpted as part of the project.  We're also going to be tweaking the SS force organization to remove the two-step unlock that really bogs down that branch.  So good stuff all around!

I think that's probably a good move; although it gave the SS more of an elite feel, it did make detachment building more challenging to fit in the various supernatural and occult goodies we were really after. Not sure if you can say any more on the subject, but will the SS have two unlocking units (Vril Engineer and Kreighexe), or does Vril Engineer become the unlocking unit for all the SS' special units?

Offline Xenomrph

• Bookworm
  • Archivist
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
Dropped $50 on the Kickstarter, looking forward to it!  o_o

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
Will the Book have more fluff then the origional, like a continuation of the story.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
Its all good when its WEIRD WWII,

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline vaganardi

• Student
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »
Im in for 50, and I linked the kick starter to Our game groups facebook page to get some of my friends in on it.

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 01:10:36 AM »
I think the Kickstarter has stalled a little bit, you guys should makes some videos showcasing some of the rules and other interesting stuff to peak interest.

Offline GnomesofZurich

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »
Well, I'm in for the Lieutenant level. I already have most of the models for the other detachments, but never did get around to picking up the SS Occult stuff, so I'll be going with that detachment.

Activity has been pretty light over the weekend, but it is Thanksgiving weekend in the U.S., so maybe things will pick up going forward. I would like to see some news of other planned releases - it'd be nice to see Blackball finish releasing sculpts for the various models introduced in the 1st edition Occult source book, specifically units like the Blattsoldat, Krieghexe, Draugr, and the Hoodoo Conjurer. I thought it odd that Basra came out when there were still a bunch of models from the Occult Expansion that hadn't been produced.

It'd also be cool to see a Cossack blister, similar to the SS Knight, that contains both mounted and dismounted models and all the weapon options needed to field it as Kazak Uryandnik or Kazak Cavalry for either ROA or Red Army. I know other manufacturer's make Cossacks, but there are WWII examples, and I have not seen anyone who does mounted and dismounted versions of the same model.

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 03:15:43 AM »
Thanks a lot for the support guys.  We have kind of slowed down, but with the American holiday it's to be expected.

We will be posting a 'how to play' video in the next few days as well as a few other goodies to help keep people talking about it.

Bubbles, we do intend to extend the fluff slightly into 1947 up to and including the Allied effort to resupply.

Gnomes, we do have plans to finish the sculpts from the Occult Expansion.  The MoAA Agent, OORD Agent and Vril Engineer will be done for this project (as they are included in the detachment packs).  The others will likely be added as additional stretch goals and/or completed after the second edition is launched.  But getting all the sculpts out for the book is definitely priority.

Thanks again guys!  Keep an eye on the project and keep spreading the word!

Offline Malkcntent

• Assistant
    • Darkson Designs
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »
Hey guys, we've just posted a new update to the project page that includes some more teasers about rules changes for the second edition. We've also included a special Operation: Kickstart mini-campaign for folks to play. Check out the update and let's continue to spread the word!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackballgames/ae-wwii-european-theater

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
I backed it, because I loved the game.
but...
I was hoping for new figs.  Almost all of the ones you have there, I have already. 
Not much for any real stretch goals for me to nab onto...
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 05:33:33 PM »
I backed it, because I loved the game.
but...
I was hoping for new figs.  Almost all of the ones you have there, I have already. 
Not much for any real stretch goals for me to nab onto...

Same here; just backed, but book only.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/