Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Games Workshop  (Read 26633 times)

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Games Workshop
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »
According to Swiss film website cineman, the film titles are as follows. 

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2014)

Lovely!  8)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

I'll not agree with you on the movie thing.  You got the big popcorn bucket and the super sized drink and you need to get up and use the restroom?  You just admitted you have a big bucket and a huge cup!  What kind of an over priviledged wuss needs to leave his seat to have a wizz?? 

My wife disagrees with you  :D

That must be why the premier seats have headrests - to prevent "necksplash" from the bloke behind as he wrestles in the dark with a bucket of piss in a cramped seat :o

Remind me to take my brolly to the cinema next time.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
It is weird that this thread has gone full circle.

a bucket of piss

Most people were in agreement that the majority of the latest range were a bucket of piss and we seem to have returned to that point after a little meandering...

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
Well I went to the store and bought some stuff. Some of it was Hobbit related.

I bought a $35 box of 18 of those cancer goblins (they looked good as a dying mutated morlock scrounger tribe for post apocalyptic stuff and they are all one piecers too boot!) and a $10 box of those 'cheap and easy starter' box of 40K chaos cultists ( who are now wasteland scum and have had a couple of the old grenadier future wars/EM4 gas mask scavenger figs by Copplestone join their ranks to bring them up to seven strong).  They could probably pass for ghouls or D&D manes/dretches or whatever too.

This is a confusing time for me. I found reasonably priced GW stuff that I wanted!

The new warg riders look good too (way better than the old LOTR ones) but $40 for 6 of them is about five bucks too rough for me and it's just three sprues twice to mix and match. I dunno. Maybe I could go for it later.

The Hunter orcs looks good but $35 for 12 is $10 rougher than the current $25 for twelve they have on LOTR goblins and orcs. Overall they do not look like $3 apiece plastics to me and it's just one sprue with some arm swaps anyway.

I also got an army box of Mantic Orcs for 25% off on clearance so that's $55 for 10 boar riders, 30 ax troops and 20 great ax (which are just ax troops with different arms).  To round that out, I got a set with a metal Orc leader on boar, a little murdery looking sneaky goblin, and an Orc banner man, and a box of 10 Morax (who are dual hand ax fighters with metal arms), and a metal 'orc warlord' on foot. I was very amused to learn that Matic's Warpath Marauder Orx and their Kings of War Orcs are all made with the same two bodies with different heads and arms.  I wonder if the Dwarves and the forgefathers are the same way? Sheesh!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:19:53 PM by palaeomerus »