Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: fomorian familiar  (Read 3072 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
fomorian familiar
« on: March 29, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
Came upon this picture from the Celtos range on frothers. The shaman is a bit meh, but his servant/familiar looks suitably ctulhu-esque, no?

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
fomorian familiar
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
I bought that pack merely for the familiar. I would LOVE it if someone sculpted separate heads like that, so I could buy lots of them and convert some other miniatures into an alien race for sci-fi gaming.

This is one of those packs that shows up for dirt cheap on Ebay a lot. At least that's how I got mine 1-2 years ago. Things might have changed now that Celtos is supposedly making a comeback.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
fomorian familiar
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »
These miniatures are totally new to me! I really like the familiar...looks very deep one-ish and unique.Very nice.Would make a great Cthulhu priest's servant granted for services rendered.Any idea of the price tag??
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
fomorian familiar
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:29 PM »
Quote from: "marrony"
Any idea of the price tag??

£5 at Brigade. I got my pack for £1 on Ebay.

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
fomorian familiar
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
£1 on E-Bay?? Well played Sir!!!!!!!!

Offline revford

• Mastermind
fomorian familiar
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
Great looking beastie there.

The Shaman could look good with a toned down staff.  It's just too big and busy.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
fomorian familiar
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
Looks good, maybe one of us should send an email to Brigade and ask if they can release the familiar on his own ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
fomorian familiar
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »
Quote from: "marrony"
£1 on E-Bay?? Well played Sir!!!!!!!!

Not really. I don't know what the situation is now, but 1-2 years ago there seemed to be so much Celtos and VOID stuff on Ebay that supply outweighed demand. Same thing went for certain old Warzone and Chronopia products, so I think it must have been something to do with the business practices of Target Games and I-Kore (now Urban Mammoth). Like they flooded their distributors/retailers with more products they could sell, or something like that. I-Kore was of course formed from the UK branch of Target Games (a Swedish company) after Target Games went out of business, so that would seem to corroborate the theory.

I picked up whole boxes of VOID and Chronopia miniatures for £1 each back then. Anyway, the supply might have dried up by now. I don't use Ebay anymore if I can help it, so I wouldn't know.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
fomorian familiar
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »
Urban Mammoth are still carrying Void, but they offloaded Celtos onto somebody else here in the UK. Can't recall who right now, but do a search and you'll find them. They are now much more reasonably priced, and you can buy bulk packs and unit packs as well. The range is now quite impressively large. I've often looked at these figures since they were released a few years ago, but do i really need yet another genre to add to the teetering lead mountain? ;)

anyway, suffice to say the Celtos range is alive and well, in good hands, and considerably better value than it used to be!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
fomorian familiar
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
Celtos is now owned by Brigade Models.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
fomorian familiar
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »
I think there's been some confusion here. I never said Celtos has gone OOP, in fact I pointed out Brigade sells it earlier in this thread. What said was that, before I-Kore / Urban Mammoth offloaded the Celtos range to another company, they seemingly oversaturated their distributors/retailers with Celtos products. It's this stuff that's been finding it's way to Ebay. Presumably this made the Celtos range cheaper to buy for Brigade.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
fomorian familiar
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
We've emailed the link for this thread to Brigade, and got this reply today :

"hadn't thought about it but we will amend the website next week to make them available seperately

Steve"

Just goes to show the power of the LAF !

Now someone had better order a few :~}