Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691295
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Gotham City Project  (Read 18004 times)

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
Re: A Gotham City Project
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
Nice touch on the burnt edges with the blowtorch clown. I'm a bit envious of your Joker too.

A Joker gang is on the agenda for me too, although I'm considering Eden Jokers for them.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »
I've decided what to put on Batman's base. I've had a go at sculpting the roses he leaves on Crime Alley (Park Row) for his parents each year. I'm a real beginner when it comes to sculpting, but I'm quite happy with them. The stems are a bit featureless and so I might add something to improve them later, but the colour contrast nicely with the rest of the model and to my eyes they at least look like what they're supposed to be...which was the goal...

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 12:39:14 AM »
I'm a real beginner when it comes to sculpting, but I'm quite happy with them. The stems are a bit featureless and so I might add something to improve them later

Looks good to me. :)  As does everything else.  Great headswap on Nightwing, and I'm glad you went for Harley classic...

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »
Apologies for the hiatus. We've been trying to sell the house and so my painting stuff has been put away for a while. Anyway, house now sold and I'm off and running again.
The Detective is Heroclix and the beat cop is my first Knight Models sculpt. I'm really pleased that they scale so well together despite worries about the size of the KM models. It's convinced me to continue to keep an eye on the KM range for sculpts I can't get decent (and cheaper) alternatives for - I've already bought Killer Croc and Mr Freeze.

I've still got to add GPD to the back of the beat cop's jacket (and possibly some traffic cones to his base. I'm also considering adding a couple of evidence markers to the Detective's base - the idea of which I really like although I'm not sure about my execution of it.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »
I finally got my first game of the Batman Miniatures Game in and I have to say I really like it. Here's a couple of pictures of the game in which Commissioner Gordon and a SWAT team try to bring the Clown Prince of Crime to justice:

There's a battle report (in which Batman is conspicuous by his absence), more pictures and review on my blog:http://cheaphammer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a-dark-night-in-gotham-batman.html

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
Some new additions.

Robin, a.k.a. 'The Kid' from Crossover. Agent Ron and Mr. Freeze from Knight Models. At the bottom are some group shots of the models I've done so far.

I'd also appreciate suggestions for Robin's base and how to improve the face of Mr. Freeze. Thanks

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »
A couple more villains. Riddler (Heroclix) and Killer Croc (Knight Models). Apologies for the rubbish pictures.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
It's been a while, but I've finally got going on my Batman project again thanks to a prod of motivation from Zomtober.

Here's my latest offering, a slightly cheaper version of Commissioner Gordon and the GCPD SWAT team using Heroclix figures.

There all usable in the Batman Miniatures game, although the guy with the shield needed some hand swapping and I'll need to use two cops with MG's rather than one with a Shotgun. However, I've notice that Knight Models have rather sensibly stopped providing links to PDFs of the game cards with their newest releases, which means that you have to buy their models to use the newer character in the game.

I can't complain with this decision, but it does mean that I'm likely to part company with the BMG, simply because at £12 a pop for the big names, there's no way I'll be able to afford everything that I want. I will still buy some of their models, but only when decent alternatives are unavailable.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
I really like your Killer Kroc  :D

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »

A few more additions with some rather ropey photos. Scarecrow, two escaped convicts from Blackgate and the Jokermobile.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »
It's been a while, but I've finally got going on my Batman project again thanks to a prod of motivation from Zomtober.

Here's my latest offering, a slightly cheaper version of Commissioner Gordon and the GCPD SWAT team using Heroclix figures.

There all usable in the Batman Miniatures game, although the guy with the shield needed some hand swapping and I'll need to use two cops with MG's rather than one with a Shotgun. However, I've notice that Knight Models have rather sensibly stopped providing links to PDFs of the game cards with their newest releases, which means that you have to buy their models to use the newer character in the game.

I can't complain with this decision, but it does mean that I'm likely to part company with the BMG, simply because at £12 a pop for the big names, there's no way I'll be able to afford everything that I want. I will still buy some of their models, but only when decent alternatives are unavailable.

I'm kind of hoping it's just a delayed thing and they will be eventually put up. I like that I can recycle some of my other Heroclix figures for this game.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »
I've finally got around to a second game on my slowly developing game board. It was against myself to try out the rules of the Batman Miniatures Game again.

There's pictures and a report on my blog: http://cheaphammer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/batvember-2-street-skirmish.html?m=

Offline Myrlyn

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
Just curios, but what did you make the Jokermobile out of?

A few more additions with some rather ropey photos. Scarecrow, two escaped convicts from Blackgate and the Jokermobile.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 05:59:02 AM »
It's an Ertl diecast model I picked up from eBay. Just search for Ertl Batman and you'll see several come up. It comes in a couple of different sizes, so you'll want one that's labelled as 1/43.

Offline Kieron

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »
A few more henchmen done. Some official Joker crew and a a Chuck Norris lookalike knocked together from five different models.

More pictures and detail on my blog http://cheaphammer.blogspot.co.uk