Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691135
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My ATZ zombies project : 90 zeds Horde completed, 8 survivors completed  (Read 28381 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: My ATZ zombies project W.I.P (first 30 zeds completed)
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »
I use car painter sandpaper without any problem, from 240 to 1000, on metal and plastic minis  ;)

It's the same thing that using a metal file, in my opinion.

Which is known as wet and dry. Thought you might be using something corser when you referred to 'sandpaper'.

Cheers
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2013, 08:31:14 PM »
Ok, I didn't know the real name of the material I was using. A new english word on my (short) list  lol

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:27:10 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
Here's a small update for my survivors.

I made some green stuff work on a few minis :

Back pack for the "muscle" character :

Same addition on the crossbow character :

And on the fat guy character too. I also added some real shoes, I just cannot imagine someone surviving more than a few minutes with the original shoes he was wearing  lol

I also made some green stuff fixes on other miniatures. I need to wash them and sand defects, and then I'll be able to start painting.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
Last update : I modified the "muscle character" (I need to find better names lol) shirt :

Now a few figures need a bit of sanding, and I'll be able to start painting. Probably next week (I have to finish some battletech mechs first).

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »
Really nice honing up/detailing on those miniatures! Are you going to give similar treatment to all of them?

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
thank you ,

Are you going to give similar treatment to all of them?

Not on the first batch. Like for the zombies, I'll made some customizing work on several minis, but not every time. Since in these kits we have a limited amount of parts, customizing become necessary if you want to keep each mini unique.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »
Nice putty work, check these for backpacks, I have been using them on my survivors and like them a bit better than the ones that come with that kit. I hope they come out with female survivors soon.
http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=47_50

PS do you know who makes the female fighter with the unicorn shield  that is behind the kid survivor?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:25:10 PM by bandit86 »
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
Thanks for the link. The backpacks are indeed more detailed. I believe I'll have to customize mine a bit more  lol

Concerning the fantasy mini, it's an old school ral Partha 3 stage adventurer, called the "female human warrior"; I believe. I've got the 3 stages minis (beginner, intermediate, veteran). All my adventurers for my WHL project (solo fantasy light rpg) are divided in 3 miniatures.

You can see them here :

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=52664.0

It's one of my other current projects. I've got 5 projects for now :

Zombies project (this topic, with Wargames factory, studio miniatures figs ); ATZ ruleset

fantasy miniatures light rpg project (light rpg with old school adventurers, 3d dungeon, and D&D minis monsters);  Warrior heroes legend ruleset

Super Heroes project (heroclix repaints and customs, 3d homemade city); supersystem 3 ruleset (+ bits of chain reaction and homemade solo rules)

Scifi miniatures light rpg (necromunda minis, urban wars minis); 5150 new beginning ruleset

Battletech solo project (battletech minis, gzg minis); official battletech rules (TW, battleforce and QS) + bits of chain reaction and homemade solo rules.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2013, 06:28:55 PM »
Thanks and GREAT job on all the sites your repaints are really nice.  Wish more companies would do 3 stage figures.

Offline Finisterrae

• Assistant
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
Good to know you managed to save your first batch of zombies.
Being a slow painter* I´m quite jealous because of your output!
I also like that you are going to customize your survivours with green stuff.

Great work!

*And I mean slooow. Like "4 zombies in 18 month" slow  ::)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
*And I mean slooow. Like "4 zombies in 18 month" slow 

So slow that you maybe a zombie yourself ?  lol  ;)

You should try to use "cheating/clever" (depands your state of mind) quick painting technics on your minis. No shame about that. I understand to take time for heroes and stuff like that, but a zombie horde is just...dead flesh  lol

readymade washes, inks, drybrushs, dipping, etc...  8)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
The survivors are ready to paint (I used grey primer) :

Mother and sons (wich can also be used as 3 separate characters, like a nurse, and 2 kids):

Notice that the woman is a customized "zombie vixen" from wargames factory. I simply used the thinnest arms from the men survivors sets.

The big guys :

Bad cop, the silent Crossbowman, and prisoner :

Offline Finisterrae

• Assistant
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
So slow that you maybe a zombie yourself ?

Good point! Might explain while I take to much care in painting zombies. But you´re right. I shall try some quicker painting, thanks for your tipps!

Notice that the woman is a customized "zombie vixen" from wargames factory.

You might argue that it´s a vivid pose. But to the zombie-trained eye, it was all to obvious.  ;)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »
Speaking of quicker painting, here's the last zombies (about 60) I have to complete. I decided to boost up a little my painting time. So much projects, and nothing really progressing.

Since I'm a 99% solo gamer, I had to make some decisions. The most obvious is to sacrify miniatures painting quality to  complete more armies/groups, and then, be able to play more games.

The first chapter of this new politic is my ATZ zombie horde. Tonight I build all the remaining male zombies; and now I'm currently building the remaining females. Females take more time, because of the very thin parts of the kit.

Of course, I'll keep quality painting for heroes (since I play almost exclusively 2HW games and Supersystem 3, I'll make my best painting on stars/super heroes/adventurers). But I'll try to speed up painting on monsters, NPCs, and scenery.

I plan to complete the zombie horde this week, using spraycan paint, stain and all "cheating tricks".  I hope I'll progress on my cityscape too.

to be continued...

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2013, 10:03:42 PM »
I did 100 Zombicide zeds in a month.  I glued them all to strips in 5's and then did them assembly line style by color.  It also helped to vary the paint scheme.  5 with brown pants and then all different color shirts.  You can do say 5 strips of different color pants, and then have 5 different colors for the shirts. Then hit one of each zed on the strip with that color shirt till you got them all.  You'll have 25 done in no time!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka