Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Need ideas for B.M.A.P. adventure set in the Black Forest  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Need ideas for B.M.A.P. adventure set in the Black Forest
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 10:21:11 PM »
Originally posted by Ironworker
What if Little Red was a wearwolf too......

Watch The Company of Wolves ....
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »
You could also, for something completely pulpish and out there, have a lost tribe of Neaderthals appear deep in the Black Forest. Seeing as the Neaderthals were first "discovered" in Germany anyway, then the Black Forest wouldn't be too far fetched for a lost tribe.

If you wanna turn the horror dial to eleven, you could make them into a cannibalistic tribe; werewolf tribe; cthulu-tribe; neer-do-wellers from a local village who engage in very heathen rituals out in the dark, dank forests to conjure up...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Need ideas for B.M.A.P. adventure set in the Black Fores
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »
Quote from: "Ironworker"
 Anyone have any suggestions that might be particularly appropriate for the Black Forest region?  

Well, I realise that it's a long way from the Black Forest, but the Grunewald in Berlin is supposed to have a population of wild boars. I never saw any myself, but did hear some very disturbing rustling and snuffling sounds whilst on night exercises in the 80s. There is also the famous Berlin Bear.

No reason why you couldn't have some of these beasties in your game.

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »
Quote from: "Maenoferren"

How come the THule society... just wondering as I live on the isles of Thule, our newly formed wargames and Roleplaying club is the THule gamers.. Is there something I should know? I have only been up here 2 years so maybe I am not party to the secrets yet....

The Thule Society
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society

Well you live and learn as they say.....
THanks for that link...That will come in handy for a pulp game

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »
You guys ever see that movie "Dog Soldiers"?  I think it may have been a BBC thing.  Anyhow I was just thinking of the Little Red Riding Hood idea and then "Dog Soldiers" poped into my head then I thought that those two stories might work together.  What if Little Red was a wearwolf too......

I am sure I have my rpg game based on 'Dog soldiers somewhere... I used it for fantasy but the bare bones and maps are available... not sure if a.. I can find it or B...it would be any good....

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »
Quote from: "Wirelizard"
Quote from: "Doomhippie"
It's always hard to picture the rather gentle hills of the Black Forrest as a spooky place.

In the minds of those of us who've never been there, just the name is enough to conjour with!

"Rather gentle hills" is kind of disappointing, actually. I was hoping for something like the steep-sided hills of Transylvania, black with pine trees, with the improbably narrow valleys and castles perched on the narrowest bits!

Well, never mind reality, we're talking pulp world here. So who cares if the mountains in pulp worlds are steeper, full of old caves and all have castles on top? If it conjures up the feeling we want to achieve then that's the way the Black Forrest is.

And, yes, I think the dog soldier setting would fit wonderfully in those mountains.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »
Quote from: "Phoenikuz"
You could also, for something completely pulpish and out there, have a lost tribe of Neaderthals appear deep in the Black Forest. Seeing as the Neaderthals were first "discovered" in Germany anyway, then the Black Forest wouldn't be too far fetched for a lost tribe.

If you wanna turn the horror dial to eleven, you could make them into a cannibalistic tribe; werewolf tribe; cthulu-tribe; neer-do-wellers from a local village who engage in very heathen rituals out in the dark, dank forests to conjure up...

Beat to it :(  :lol: