Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Raging Heroes KS is already on fire, I see  (Read 14368 times)

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
Re: Raging Heroes kickstarter is already on fire, I see
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
I popped over to have a look at the concept sketches; aside from a tank top or two, most of the girls, especially the militaristic ones (kurganovas?) seem to be covered nearly neck to foot in some sort of uniform/combat gear. The most revealing are the standard bearer (who many have mentioned elsewhere looks a lot like tank girl), the lady with the radio and the not-tech priestess. 3 out of how many miniatures that have been revealed? While some of the poses are a bit pin-up like, it doesn't seem fair to write this whole endeavour off as puerile TnA. They hardly seem to be the risqué and immature fare many people are slating them as.
But that's just my opinion, I suppose.
I'd like to pick up a few of the heroines for PA type gaming, but Deadzone just rolled a crit vs. my wallet. I'm both happy and sad about that.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Well, all the best to them, appears they will do quite well.

I bought the Blood Vestals from Raging Heroes and my overall take on them is:

1) A bit too small for me.

2) Waaaay to much detail for me to paint.

The figures are awesome, but I just can't see me doing them justice.

Dunno about this trend towards hyper detail, in general I'm not too keen on it.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »
1) A bit too small for me.

2) Waaaay to much detail for me to paint.

exactly my thoughts. =( Apparently, the only way to paint them is becoming a masterclass painter.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
I will never need or want an army of these, but if possible I might pick up a few of the individual models at some point. I do suspect their prices to bee too high though. Time will tell I guess.

workerBee

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »
I will never need or want an army of these, but if possible I might pick up a few of the individual models at some point. I do suspect their prices to bee too high though. Time will tell I guess.

Well the cost certainly "is a factor" but based on the success it seems it didn't exceed "all the market can bear" in the slightest.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »
$15 for one figurine?  That's twenty times what I charge for a 15mm figurine.  And believe me, it doesn't cost me 1/20th their costs to have one figurine created.

I make 15mm because I like the way the models scale out on the tabletop, but there's always a part of me wondering why, as I often don't even make back my investment in ranges.  It seems to me that charging GW prices for GW-looking models is where the money is, because that's what people want and they are willing to pay those prices.  Pretty eye-opening.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »
Without trying to stir up the argument too much. I really, really dislike the fact that it is all female. It just utterly fails as a concept.

I understand that it will sell. It doesn't mean I have to understand why. Of the miniatures like this I tend to see people buy one or two to add to existing forces but not as entire armies in their own right.

And looking at it that way some of them look clearly inspired by GW imperial guard army types.

Again no problem with that. I really don't like some of the poses or the style though. Some is far too cartoony. Sometimes I wonder if that is an excuse/cover up for not getting the anatomy right.

As mentioned elsewhere there are better sci-fi women/babes/chicks/girls/honeyz out there by the likes of Hasslefree and Statuesque and they are far more likely to get my pounds/dollar/ker-ching too.

Not for me this one.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
It seems to me that charging GW prices for GW-looking models is where the money is, because that's what people want and they are willing to pay those prices.  Pretty eye-opening.

But that would make for a pretty boring miniatures market. I for one is VERY happy to see an abundance of different miniatures and different scales, even though I don't buy into every scale or oddball figure line out there.... yet...

:D

workerBee

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »
$15 for one figurine?  That's twenty times what I charge for a 15mm figurine.  And believe me, it doesn't cost me 1/20th their costs to have one figurine created.

I make 15mm because I like the way the models scale out on the tabletop, but there's always a part of me wondering why, as I often don't even make back my investment in ranges.  It seems to me that charging GW prices for GW-looking models is where the money is, because that's what people want and they are willing to pay those prices.  Pretty eye-opening.

Well, as much as I don't want to see the prices rise... why not?  Not saying you should or shouldn't... but do you think you could sell your figures at that price?  Would the market bear that much of a price increase?  Would the market bear that much of a price increase for 15 mm figures?  Would you feel comfortable asking that price?

Gracias,

Glenn

workerBee

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »
Without trying to stir up the argument too much. I really, really dislike the fact that it is all female. It just utterly fails as a concept.

I understand that it will sell. It doesn't mean I have to understand why. Of the miniatures like this I tend to see people buy one or two to add to existing forces but not as entire armies in their own right.
<snip>

So, do you feel the same way about all male armies for Fantasy or Historical games too?  For all male armies for futuristic games (given the 21st century sees some mixed gender armies which may or may not continue for major powers)?

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline spevna

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
I reckon the strategist would make a nice Inquisitor.

The Kurganova Heavy Troopers are pretty cool too.

A lot of it does look like a P.I.T.A to paint though.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »
Well, as much as I don't want to see the prices rise... why not?  Not saying you should or shouldn't... but do you think you could sell your figures at that price?  Would the market bear that much of a price increase?  Would the market bear that much of a price increase for 15 mm figures?  Would you feel comfortable asking that price?

Well, that wasn't really my point -- my point was that these types of models in this scale are fetching that price.  People do not get into 15mm with those same expectations.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
But that would make for a pretty boring miniatures market. I for one is VERY happy to see an abundance of different miniatures and different scales, even though I don't buy into every scale or oddball figure line out there.... yet...

I can understand that people like knowing there are all sorts of different models out there.  The problem is you don't make models so that people will be happy that they exist.  You make them so people will buy them.

These Raging Heroes models attact a lot of scorn from the internet peanut gallery, but as has just been proven, they sell like mad.  There are the things people say, and the things people like knowing exist, and then there are the things they actually collect.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »
I can understand that people like knowing there are all sorts of different models out there.  The problem is you don't make models so that people will be happy that they exist.  You make them so people will buy them.

These Raging Heroes models attact a lot of scorn from the internet peanut gallery, but as has just been proven, they sell like mad.  There are the things people say, and the things people like knowing exist, and then there are the things they actually collect.

Something you have to wake upto.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »
Something you have to wake upto.

If you've read my previous comments you can see that I'm awake.