Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:51:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1703525 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8385 on: May 13, 2018, 07:14:18 PM »
I don’t think the titans are that big

I see you use the same scale reference as DeafNala:

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8386 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
I don't know, I have a feeling it will be the one box and that will be it. It'll probably go the way other games have gone - like Dreadfleet and Space Hulk. There will be some new people that buy it to check it out. There will be some people that loved AT back in the day, but sold off all their stuff ages ago and will buy back in with this. And then there are all the people who still have a tonne of epic stuff that would LOVE to buy into a new game if it were compatible... but won't buy this because they already have a tonne of epic stuff that will be completely incompatible with this... They'll keep playing with what they've got and buying stuff from places like Vanguard.

All that being said, it seems Blood Bowl and Necromunda are doing okay, so... maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

As pretty as they look I probably won't be buying into it as I have a tonne of Epic stuff already... Totally would have bought MORE from GW if they'd rereleased it in a similar scale.

Already confirmed to be a supported game with seperate scenery, knights, reaver and warlord kits avaliable to buy, plus new command boards and warhounds coming in the future.

I recon from there they'll add eldar and some mechanicus dominatus weapons before they start expanding it epic style with tanks and infantry.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8387 on: May 13, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »
God damn it , I'm trying to save for a masters degree...I'm being really good, I walk to work and everything to save money, But GW are going to really test me with these....

i mean god damn, just hook it up to my veins!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8388 on: May 13, 2018, 10:53:43 PM »
They look great in that scale!

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #8389 on: May 13, 2018, 11:04:12 PM »
Been messing about with half a box of the new Van Saar this weekend (I really need to update my WiP thread). They're perfect for conversions, but.... fuck me, that kit is needlessly huge.

Separate heads and necks? Why?
Three pieces to assemble a single weapon-holding arm? Why?

My advice: mix them with Hybrid and Mechanicus and Empire bits and you'll actually be able to enjoy being alive.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #8390 on: May 14, 2018, 12:21:33 AM »
Im finding the van saar boxed set is hard going too, I get that the weapons all come from the same stc but using separate barrels is just making things confusing.

As I said earlier, having the torso/legs as one piece makes much more sense, not like you can mix and match them anyway.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8391 on: May 14, 2018, 07:52:13 AM »
While I understand the desire to make the titans bigger for painting I can't help but think that a game with so many big models will be a right logistical pain to transport everything you need to play, what with the minis themselves as well as the buildings etc. Not to mention the cost of these larger titans, the change in scale is really brought home when you see them up against the classic AT titan.

When I was reading the current WD it occurred that with the Deepkin they are kinda AoS Dark Eldar, travelling vast distances to raid...but why are most of the characters on foot and how do they and the eye-less ones get about...do they have to set off weeks in advance to make sure they get there at the same time as the swimmers? I've heard a lot of people draw comparisons to the Kharadrons but at least all the dwarfs get to sail on their airships.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #8392 on: May 14, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
Not a big fan of the elves riding eels...

But this....

Is pretty cool...!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8393 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
I definitely like the balance of detail on these minis and this new range seems to have a good sense of character...I just don't like those bloody-silly bat ears on the top dude, though that is an easy fix.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #8394 on: May 15, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »
I love the bat ears!  :-* Guess we all like different things eh?

As an old timer with several (really) elf and undead armies in years gone by, it's been a real treat recently seeing all these new figures. I thought the fish elves had a couple of nice models but overall it was a bit too much for my conservative tastes - I thought the plastic Island of Blood set was better. Riding round on fishes is stretching it a bit even in a fantasy world. But flying skulls wearing bed sheets - ooooh yeah, they are fine. I guess they tap into a deeply rooted vision of death as a cloaked skeleton, so are more "believable". A better range in my eyes. The new Black Coach looks interesting too.

Neither are as nice as other stuff they have announced though - the dark elf blood bowl team and the Necromunda new release get the Gold award from me. And currently painting up some Iron Hill dwarfs and they are just lovely.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8395 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »

"Despite being the only one not blindfolded, Cedric always managed to be the one that picked up the bell."

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8396 on: May 15, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »
"Despite being the only one not blindfolded, Cedric always managed to be the one that picked up the bell."

Getting clobbered to death with a bellend is no joke mate.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8397 on: May 15, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »
Just noticed he has 2 bell ends! The second one is rather well hung... off his robes.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #8398 on: May 15, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »
Ah, the ultimate goal.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8399 on: May 15, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »