Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:23:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1734145 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7050 on: August 05, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
This is something that I never thought would happen, but I have ordered some AoS figures, Stormcast Eternals and Khorne stuff, which I previously thought were ludicrously like bad 80's toys.
 :o :o :o

I have had an idea of how I want to use them for a 'fun' project for a while now and it has now gotten to the point where I am going to give it a go.
 :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7051 on: August 05, 2017, 12:45:40 PM »

I have had an idea of how I want to use them for a 'fun' project for a while now and it has now gotten to the point where I am going to give it a go.
 :D

FUN, with a GW product? Get out of here!  >:(

lol
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7052 on: August 05, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »
This is something that I never thought would happen, but I have ordered some AoS figures, Stormcast Eternals and Khorne stuff, which I previously thought were ludicrously like bad 80's toys.
 :o :o :o

At first I hated them - they were the final stage in GW's World of Warcraftification of the Old World. As time's gone by, I've come to appreciate AoS as its own thing, rather than compare it to the Old World I was nostalgically a bit too attached to. So, now I like most of the AoS stuff. It's ridiculous power metal fantasy, but that's part of the fun!

Though I must admit I utterly hate the "Khorgorath" from the starter set, there's no redeeming thing about that model. Its presence cheapens the rest of that box set!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #7053 on: August 05, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »
At first I hated them - they were the final stage in GW's World of Warcraftification of the Old World. As time's gone by, I've come to appreciate AoS as its own thing, rather than compare it to the Old World I was nostalgically a bit too attached to. So, now I like most of the AoS stuff. It's ridiculous power metal fantasy, but that's part of the fun!

Though I must admit I utterly hate the "Khorgorath" from the starter set, there's no redeeming thing about that model. Its presence cheapens the rest of that box set!

Have no fear, I completely agree with you on all counts.
I have just decided to embrace the rather ridiculous aesthetics and make use of them, although there will be a fair bit of conversion work involved.
I have a plan!
 ;)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7054 on: August 05, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »
Well the latest theory is that that teaser video GW put out and their latest rumour engine post are actually build up for the return of the squats, and you know what?
It kind of makes sense!

Apparently the code relates to the code of the old squat/guard weapon sprue and sections of the video text when added to the warhammer community URL lead you to articles about dwarves.

This article break it down (in spanish)
https://www.lavozdehorus.com/vuelven-los-squats/
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7055 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:12 PM »
Just saying I predicted it back here http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=87573.msg1080881#msg1080881 lol
It would be good to see if squats came back. Not a fan of them but loads of people were. I won't hold my breath to see if it is true though.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #7056 on: August 06, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
I doubted they would bring back both Ad Mech &  'Stealer Cult and they did, so maybe Squats coming back might happen.

It may just end up being plastic Death Korps, which in itself isn't a bad thing either :D.

Myself I wanted it too be Blood Axes though hehe.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7057 on: August 06, 2017, 10:22:32 AM »
Yes, I won't rule anything out myself now that they brought back the 'stealer cult from the grave.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7058 on: August 06, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
I doubted they would bring back both Ad Mech &  'Stealer Cult and they did, so maybe Squats coming back might happen.

It may just end up being plastic Death Korps, which in itself isn't a bad thing either :D.

Myself I wanted it too be Blood Axes though hehe.

They have been mentioning the death korps alot lately in their campaign posts and in the regimental standard.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #7059 on: August 06, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »
Aye well seeing as the Cadians the arguably the most iconic and well selling of the Imperial Guard have been all but destroyed in the fluff (To a lesser or greater extent) they do need a new figurehead for the IG range.

Why not Death Korps as said figurehead, they always sold well for FW and much like the 30k can have plastics by GW and the expensive toys by FW still.

Hell even I was buy some DK for the novelty alone :)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7060 on: August 06, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Aye well seeing as the Cadians the arguably the most iconic and well selling of the Imperial Guard have been all but destroyed in the fluff (To a lesser or greater extent) they do need a new figurehead for the IG range.

Why not Death Korps as said figurehead, they always sold well for FW and much like the 30k can have plastics by GW and the expensive toys by FW still.

Hell even I was buy some DK for the novelty alone :)

Cadia stands!

The gathering storm book mentions that 90% of the cadian guard were off world as is normal for them. So 90% of all cadian troops plus the inumerable regiments that use their gear and patterns means they will never disappear.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7061 on: August 06, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
True, but the Start Collecting boxes for the Imp Guard are listed as "No Longer Available". That's a very unusual move at this time unless it means something new is coming for them.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #7062 on: August 06, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
True, but the Start Collecting boxes for the Imp Guard are listed as "No Longer Available". That's a very unusual move at this time unless it means something new is coming for them.

I think that lots of boxes that are marked that way are just being re-branded for 8th edition. At least that's the official explanation for most of the Tau range that's now not available.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7063 on: August 06, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »
Ah, that makes sense I guess!

Now if only they were changing the name on the boxes back to "Imperial Guard" :D

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7064 on: August 06, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
Ah, that makes sense I guess!

Now if only they were changing the name on the boxes back to "Imperial Guard" :D

Or even Imperial Army  :o lol
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.