Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696485
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 540
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1742248 times)

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8595 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
Pistoliers and Outriders ride on horrible looking horses...

The War Altar of Sigmar and the Celestial Hurricanum are pulled by armored warhorses...

Dragon Princes aka Dragon Blades ::) rely warhorses and so do the Dark Elves, who are part of Order. 

Horses aren't extinct, they just don't fit in with the imagery of Ao$...

Ah, but those are all 'old warhammer' releases! I'm talking about the new AoS factions that have been released. I imagine eventually all the old ranges will be discontinued. For example when the new 'normal' elf faction comes out, I think the old high elf range will go. Though it's possible parts may remain (example being the witch elf units are now part of a 'real' AoS faction).

I wouldn't be surprised when the new 'high elves' one day come out their cavalry will be riding eagles, mini-dragons, lions, etc rather than horses.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8596 on: July 02, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
This is releasing (re release but accompanying Nighhaunts release)  this week.. of course we might say that horses are risen from long dead carcases but I think lack of horses is too much :P

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #8597 on: July 02, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »
Oh ok, fair enough.  :)

Still, there have technically been no new horses released since AoS hit.  ;)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8598 on: July 03, 2018, 01:31:33 AM »
Ah, but those are all 'old warhammer' releases! I'm talking about the new AoS factions that have been released. I imagine eventually all the old ranges will be discontinued. For example when the new 'normal' elf faction comes out, I think the old high elf range will go. Though it's possible parts may remain (example being the witch elf units are now part of a 'real' AoS faction).

I wouldn't be surprised when the new 'high elves' one day come out their cavalry will be riding eagles, mini-dragons, lions, etc rather than horses.
You mentioned horses, nothing about 'em being new or old... ;)

The Grand Alliance abilities - Order, Destruction, Chaos and Death - have been removed from the General's Handbook 2018, along with the abstract siege rules, and placed in the core rulebook. So if you like to mix and match, you'll have to get the hardcover, though all the other abilities for Free Peoples and etc. are in the GH - I guess 4 pages took up too much space, in a book shorter than last year's one. :-I According to one poster on the Grand Alliance Community, the GH2018 refers to a battleplan that's in the core rulebook. I thought I could ignore Malign Sorcery, but I might have to get it too, for the artifacts.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:53:08 AM by Condottiere »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8599 on: July 03, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »

Anyone else think that the top left horse looks like a carrot on a stick coaxing the horse on.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8600 on: July 03, 2018, 04:00:44 PM »
Just the angl3 of the pic, fantastic figures though

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8601 on: July 03, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
Anyone else think that the top left horse looks like a carrot on a stick coaxing the horse on.

Now as you mention it.. yes :P
But i think the miniature swing it in reality :P

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8602 on: July 05, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
Sorry for duble post but it will make thread show  ;)

Kill Team info landed

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/05/5th-july-kill-team-the-game-youve-been-waiting-forgw-homepage-post-2/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=KillTeamRecruitmentVideoJuly5&utm_content=KillTeamRecruitmentVideoJuly5

Starter terrain looks amazing, with that low model count maybe it will cost same as AoS ad DI starters

What is most interesting is FAQ file
It has info about Rogue Trader as expansion to Kill Team about Rogue Trader

Those guys Ive been waiting for ages :)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8603 on: July 05, 2018, 03:30:06 PM »
After a brief flick through it looks fairly promising...just after I spent the remainder of my gaming budget for the year  ::)
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8604 on: July 05, 2018, 03:39:07 PM »
Its a trap. I know I will want Rogue Trader Kill Team.. and I suspect similar price point.. I could buy one of them.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8605 on: July 06, 2018, 02:13:56 AM »
I have to say I'm tempted. DAMN YOU GW!

Offline Derek H

• Librarian
  • Derek H
« Reply #8606 on: July 06, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »
Looks like they're making what could be a relatively inexpensive small scale skirmish game very expensive indeed.

No surprise there.   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:08:47 AM by Derek H »

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8607 on: July 06, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
Well no prices yet but I am sure you are right.

At the same time they are at least selling the rulebook separately so if you already have terrain and minis then that's all you need. Otherwise the boxed game is likely to be a good deal, though obviously you could grab the rulebook and a normal box set of minis and just use stand-in terrain or make your own.

I like the idea of Kill Zones but I'm not sure I would buy one unless if I particularly wanted the terrain.

The idea of the Kill Team with a bit of terrain is a good idea to slowly grow a terrain collection but I'm sure they won't be cheap.

I guess with GW if they don't see a regular return from the Kill Team sets then it will just pass onto the back burner but it does sound like the game is being designed around a slower buy-in to 40k which makes sense.

Hopefully we will see some plastic Eldar Rangers at some point now...

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #8608 on: July 08, 2018, 10:45:14 AM »
Nice concept, but doubtless the pricing and release schedule will bear the typical GW flaws.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8609 on: July 08, 2018, 11:56:45 AM »
Looking at what we have seen all models are released , it will be only repacks so far. So it should be playable from the start.
Personały not that tempted but I had fun with Shadow War even if brief and the box was well worth the price for scenery alone.
But I will have to get RogueTrader. Question is will it be playable from the box (as stand alone should be).

ANd why bother with new system if Necromunda is very good indeed (it has some problems but core is very playable and works).