Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696512
  • Total Topics: 118773
  • Online Today: 566
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1742587 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #12405 on: January 13, 2024, 04:55:26 PM »
Maybe it's a test in a few areas first. Have heard that's quite common.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12406 on: January 13, 2024, 04:58:39 PM »
Things are a bit odd with this release. I've not seen any ads on TV, and there is very little info on the Hachette website. It's not listed by Forbidden Planet yet. It was pure chance that I spotted it in Smiths, I'd gone in to see if the latest WSS was out yet!
I keep forgetting FP stock those titles. There's not one near me, but buying online is definitely an option with them

The latest WSS just dropped through my door this morning, so if it wasn't in the shop, it will be soon :)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #12407 on: January 13, 2024, 05:47:32 PM »
I keep forgetting FP stock those titles. There's not one near me, but buying online is definitely an option with them

The latest WSS just dropped through my door this morning, so if it wasn't in the shop, it will be soon :)

Cheers, will look next week!

According to Fauxhammer, the first 5 issues are being released to stockists as a trial to see if a full run is viable, but nothing to suggest this is regional. Maybe the staff at my local Smiths were overzealous and put them on the shelves early.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12408 on: January 13, 2024, 09:47:56 PM »
The hachette part works are great - I've been selectively buying certain issues and have built an entire stormcast eternal army for about £100 - and not a small army either!

On that topic - next year age of sigmar will officially be 10 years old. My how time flies.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12409 on: January 14, 2024, 08:49:27 AM »
On that topic - next year age of sigmar will officially be 10 years old. My how time flies.

Holy crap, surely not :o I might still have the WD where they hinted at the end of the old world. It was one of the last issues where I actually understood some of what they were talking about, where race names made sense and weren't just jumbles of letters you could trademark  :(

Even 9 years makes me feel old. I'd better post this now, as I have to yell at some Goblins to get off my lawn

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #12410 on: January 14, 2024, 09:40:34 AM »
I can't even navigate their Web store any more looking for specific factions. You can't even sort by just good guys and bad guys because there's 3 or more mega factions with silly names.
Maybe I'm just old.. or simple.. or both. But I liked elves, humans and dwarves.

Offline dickiegranthum

• Bookworm
« Reply #12411 on: January 14, 2024, 03:51:44 PM »
I can't even navigate their Web store any more looking for specific factions. You can't even sort by just good guys and bad guys because there's 3 or more mega factions with silly names.
Maybe I'm just old.. or simple.. or both. But I liked elves, humans and dwarves.

Fully agree - the new website is one of the worst redesigns, ever. A friend of mine who does design and I were talking, and he said they’ve added 3-4 clicks to everything you want to do, which is NOT what one wants in a webstore.

Nomad Investments: we’re shit, and keep making things worse. (TM)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #12412 on: January 14, 2024, 04:01:25 PM »
... he said they’ve added 3-4 clicks to everything you want to do, which is NOT what one wants in a webstore.
That's what I noticed too; I thought that was mildly annoying.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12413 on: January 14, 2024, 04:44:03 PM »
I do find the "buy" banner that appears and takes up a big chunk of tablet screen particularly annoying.

That and being forced to confirm my currency choice every single time. If only there was a way to store that information locally between visits  ::)

Offline dickiegranthum

• Bookworm
« Reply #12414 on: January 14, 2024, 08:11:48 PM »
I do find the "buy" banner that appears and takes up a big chunk of tablet screen particularly annoying.

That and being forced to confirm my currency choice every single time. If only there was a way to store that information locally between visits  ::)

No cookie for NI!  lol

Anytime I register to wait for an out of stock product (complete waste of time, as by the time I click through, it will be sold out again, anyway!), I have to log back in. Every single time.

Memphis is ALWAYS short stock, while UK has loads; by switching countries I can see all the stuff I would buy.

Their inventory system is worse than their website.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12415 on: January 15, 2024, 04:30:30 PM »
Per the latest warhammer community article, GW will be releasing an old unreleased brettonian sculpt from 2008 - in METAL.
This will be their first new* release of a metal single mini in a long time so i'll be curious to see what the price is.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12416 on: January 16, 2024, 12:21:38 AM »
Per the latest warhammer community article, GW will be releasing an old unreleased brettonian sculpt from 2008 - in METAL.
This will be their first new* release of a metal single mini in a long time so i'll be curious to see what the price is.

I've no idea, but someone is going to be mighty pissed. 

Jason (Ye Alchemist on ebay) sold one of the unreleased resin versions on ebay a few years ago for somewhere north of £750 if I recall. Might even have been significantly more - my memory is hazy. The price was driven by the rarity, only two known examples had been seen outside the GW studio at the time.

That dude is now the proud owner of a resin master of a released miniature. Poor dude.

Offline dickiegranthum

• Bookworm
« Reply #12417 on: January 16, 2024, 04:06:35 AM »
I've no idea, but someone is going to be mighty pissed. 

Jason (Ye Alchemist on ebay) sold one of the unreleased resin versions on ebay a few years ago for somewhere north of £750 if I recall. Might even have been significantly more - my memory is hazy. The price was driven by the rarity, only two known examples had been seen outside the GW studio at the time.

That dude is now the proud owner of a resin master of a released miniature. Poor dude.

Epic … love the level of failure in the collector types.  lol

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #12418 on: January 16, 2024, 04:21:10 AM »
Wouldn't that just be the expected RRP?  ;D

I'm thinking 110AUD..

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12419 on: January 16, 2024, 08:52:56 AM »
Epic … love the level of failure in the collector types.  lol

Why? Did mini collectors bully you a lot at school or something? I'm not trying to be insulting, I just genuinely don't understand the comment.

In my experience the collecting niche of our already niche hobby is a very friendly and welcoming place: the old CCM group is the only internet community I've found that rivals LAF in that respect. I didn't see any failure there, just lots of impressive collections of well painted and very rare minis.

The poor dude who shelled out for the resin grail knight had exceptionally bad luck as it turns out - I don't know of any other case like it - but it doesn't seem like a failure to me.