Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Venture into DeepWars  (Read 3074 times)

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
My Venture into DeepWars
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »

Welcome. I will start this of with i am not the greatest painter and TBH im not to keen on painting in general but i like to build and convert!

When i first saw the kickstart i had that feeling i wanted to join but did not and well wish i damn did. Iv managed to get hold of some models that i liked at a good price INC a model iv wanted ever since it got released a quote to get you thinking *let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake?*

well on to the bare resin/metal goodness and then to paint!

and one ot some paint.

once the hag ray is finished, then on to these beasts!

So i hope my log will get your interest and will make you comment the good or the bad :) thanks

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: My Venture into DeepWars
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
Looking very good sir!
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
The Aquatic Creatures are VERY COOL. Your Hag-Ray painted up SPLENDIDLY...don't be too hard on yourself: it looks GREAT right now. Plus painting is something that you get better at with practice; as you get better, you'll find you enjoy it more. Your bases are TERRIFIC as well. Keep up the FINE WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »
I can't really find any fault in your painting up the model. It Looks really nice! And those fish look downright nasty but cool.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Estarriol

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »
Nice to see that someone else on the Stygian Depths is over here :) Love your ray. Gotta get started on mine soon!

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 09:43:12 PM »
Nice to see that someone else on the Stygian Depths is over here :) Love your ray. Gotta get started on mine soon!

nice to met someone else.

thank you iv taken a break from painting this evening to work on something future is, iv got so many projects.

will just place this here. to show what my random log will inc for the future. (very wip)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:34:27 PM by daemon-forge »

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
And on to some fish.

well this beast have been looking at me all the time and well i want ot get some paint on him and make him look a feared beast of the deep.

as you can see i am going for a custom base not the sunken boat/ship it is supplied with (that be terrain) base still not finished. Also iv got a nice sized box coming with a lot more goodies inside, inc scaly and a new faction for me Fortune Hunters.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »
Great start!  Scaly Horde is my favourite as well.  I have a plog on here somewhere with my stuff, and its also on my blog...

I love that Kraken model.  I picked up one a while back, and now they have it for $15 with the new KS.  Oh well, at least the resin one will be nice and crisp.  I am also suspect to how those long tentacles will take to the bones medium.

Where did you get the clear rod for your kraken?  It is quite nice and big.  I could see myself trying the same thing, though I would do something slightly different with the base.  Think the model will be stable enough once you add the tentacles?  You could always add some rocks to add weight to the base.

Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 09:54:51 AM »
Great start!  Scaly Horde is my favourite as well.  I have a plog on here somewhere with my stuff, and its also on my blog...

I love that Kraken model.  I picked up one a while back, and now they have it for $15 with the new KS.  Oh well, at least the resin one will be nice and crisp.  I am also suspect to how those long tentacles will take to the bones medium.

Where did you get the clear rod for your kraken?  It is quite nice and big.  I could see myself trying the same thing, though I would do something slightly different with the base.  Think the model will be stable enough once you add the tentacles?  You could always add some rocks to add weight to the base.

the rod is of flebay. for i think £2.

re the weight once the tentacles are on if it dont stand then a new base will be in need of i am thinking. got a few 60mm bases laying around so easy to make a new base if needed. under the base i was thinking of melting down some old metal and then using that on the under side of the base

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »
The Beasty looks FEARSOME even in it's present state. I love what you've done with the base. Keep up the FINE WORK...I'll be watching!

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
The Beasty looks FEARSOME even in it's present state. I love what you've done with the base. Keep up the FINE WORK...I'll be watching!

thanks, well i done some detail to the base. by adding some coral/crustaceans to areas, still more to be added. this what i done befor work today.

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »
oh new toys.