Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697360
  • Total Topics: 118822
  • Online Today: 599
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ongoing issues with Black Cat Bases, recent developments: pp.21ff.  (Read 82602 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Has anyone been able to contact Black Cat Bases?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting up.  I had read that you had suffered some health issues in the recent past and that you had to slow down BCB for a bit, I hope that you're doing better healthwise.  This is far more important that toys and stuff.  I just wasnt sure where BCB's status was as of today and if it was feasible to place an order to receive in a timely manner now that you may be caught up.

Best regards,
Erik

Mike is Black Hat Miniatures. Is he anything to do with Black Cat Bases? They have totally separate and distinct websites. You have me slightly confused with this post.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2014, 11:29:51 AM »
Mike is Black Hat Miniatures. Is he anything to do with Black Cat Bases? They have totally separate and distinct websites. You have me slightly confused with this post.

Aye Plynkes has the right of it gents Mike is a different company

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »

Thanks for the catch!  I wasnt reading close enough between 'bases' and 'miniatures'.  Sometiems I've heard them called just 'Black Cat'.  I appreaciate you clearing that up for me.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
Thanks for the catch!  I wasnt reading close enough between 'bases' and 'miniatures'.  Sometiems I've heard them called just 'Black Cat'.  I appreaciate you clearing that up for me.

Black hat do have some cracking miis mind you ;)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
Has Black Cat come back online again?

I had an order that I had to contest via Paypal. They got ahold of me after my initial complaint and suggested a refund but that was sadly the last I heard and I eventually had to escalate the issue to get a refund.

Offline Diplomatist

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »
For those wishing the raise the issue, this UK-based company is subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, which include the following -

Performance

19.  (1)  Unless the parties agree otherwise, the supplier shall perform the contract within a maximum of 30 days beginning with the day after the day the consumer sent his order to the supplier.

(2) Subject to paragraphs (7) and (8), where the supplier is unable to perform the contract because the goods or services ordered are not available, within the period for performance referred to in paragraph (1) or such other period as the parties agree (“the period for performance”), he shall—

(a)inform the consumer; and
(b)reimburse any sum paid by or on behalf of the consumer under or in relation to the contract to the person by whom it was made.
(3) The reference in paragraph (2)(b) to any sum paid on behalf of the consumer includes any sum paid by a creditor who is not the same person as the supplier under a personal credit agreement with the consumer.

(4) The supplier shall make the reimbursement referred to in paragraph (2)(b) as soon as possible and in any event within a period of 30 days beginning with the day after the day on which the period for performance expired.

(5) A contract which has not been performed within the period for performance shall be treated as if it had not been made, save for any rights or remedies which the consumer has under it as a result of the non-performance.

(6) Where any security has been provided in relation to the contract, the security (so far as it is so provided) shall, where the supplier is unable to perform the contract within the period for performance, be treated as never having had any effect and any property lodged with the supplier solely for the purposes of the security as so provided shall be returned by him forthwith.

(7) Where the supplier is unable to supply the goods or services ordered by the consumer, the supplier may perform the contract for the purposes of these Regulations by providing substitute goods or services (as the case may be) of equivalent quality and price provided that—

(a)this possibility was provided for in the contract;
(b)prior to the conclusion of the contract the supplier gave the consumer the information required by regulation 7(1)(b) and (c) in the manner required by regulation 7(2).
(8) In the case of outdoor leisure events which by their nature cannot be rescheduled, paragraph 2(b) shall not apply where the consumer and the supplier so agree.

The relevant trading standards department is that of the Hampshire County Council - http://www3.hants.gov.uk/tradingstandards.htm

Offline Grimrod

• Bookworm
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2014, 12:28:21 AM »
Being in the states not sure what my options could be.my order is now close to eight months over due.  Still have not recieved any word from their end.. >:(
" 'Ol Jugger may be Friendless but He's never Weaponless

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »
Too bad, with their website message and new products added, I'd have assumed they were trying to get their operations back on track.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
I've tried phoning them twice - no answer.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Strange that the site is still up.  And very unfortunate for people who shelled out money and got no product.  I'm glad I tried here first before I ordered.

That's why I posted my bad experience with MasqMini in Nov/Dec.  It's important to let people know when they have a really bad experience so others dont repeat it.  FYI, still nothing in the post :P

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »
Well, I just looked up when I ordered which was in October, and decided to ask them if the order was likely to be posted at some stage? I wont be holding my breath as I wait for a reply.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2014, 08:48:49 AM »
This is so sad, as I have seen them at shows and ordered online.  In the past they were ace, and orders always arrived with a free cat. I can only think that something catastrophic has happened.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »
This is so sad, as I have seen them at shows and ordered online.  In the past they were ace, and orders always arrived with a free cat. I can only think that something catastrophic has happened.

It did. They weren't able to process orders, cast or redo moulds for months. But they kept taking orders. I have to assume that they thought that the illness wouldn't be as long lasting or serious as it turned out to be but at some point they should have shut down their store and stopped taking orders.

I've got nothing but sympathy for them and I sure wouldn't have wanted to be in that position but I think they currently just have way, way too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 03:18:50 AM »
Still waiting on my order from last August...

Offline smirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:49 PM »
Result.
I raised a PayPal dispute and the stuff arrived today with an apology and a 15% off next purchase.
Reason is 'very severe and unexpected ill health'.
This is now stated on their website:
http://blackcatbases.com/
Hopefully all will be well.