Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Walking Dead is......(!!SPOILERS!!)  (Read 24513 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: The Walking Dead is......(!!SPOILERS!!)
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »
The series has been a mixed bag: I tired of The Governor and some of the Great Trek episodes of late have had too much tedium but there have also been some edge-of-the-seat absolute crackers as well.

I've seen only the one PA movie  - German, The Got Chronicles, IIRC - that considers that.

I think it makes many PA ideas sort of moot.  Once you have all of these reactors melting down, and we are talking all over Europe, the US, India, I'm not sure if Israel has a nuclear reactor, but I imagine just a small scale one if nothing else, obviously Japan and some Asian nations.  This would I think make the entire surface fairly well uninhabitable for what, a century or two?  Longer?  How many weeks of a zombie apocalypse would it take for the necessary personnel, infrastructure and then back ups all to fail to have Atlanta a nuclear wasteland?  Anyone else see the history channel program, End of Us?  It shows what a city would look like in years and centuries after a fictitious disappearance of mankind.  But whenever I watch it and they even get to 100 years I couldnt help but think, what about the nuclear reactors??
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
I've just finished a really compelling Zombie Apocalypse book on my Kindle. It's called 'Surviving the Evacuation, Book 1: London' by Frank Tayell and is a journal kept by a man left behind whilst the rest of London is evacuated. Having broken his leg in an accident just as the first infections began, he has to try to survive and escape the city somehow with one leg in plaster, learning survival skills from scratch and dealing with the loneliness as well as the guilt of his own unfolding part in the great tragedy ...

I honestly found it hard to put it down, being as it deals with a very personal kind of panic and fear instead of the usual guts and gore. I think it was either free or dirt cheap in the Kindle shop, so I'll certainly now try to get the following books. Definitely recommended.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
I've just finished a really compelling Zombie Apocalypse book on my Kindle. It's called 'Surviving the Evacuation, Book 1: London' by Frank Tayell and is a journal kept by a man left behind whilst the rest of London is evacuated. Having broken his leg in an accident just as the first infections began, he has to try to survive and escape the city somehow with one leg in plaster, learning survival skills from scratch and dealing with the loneliness as well as the guilt of his own unfolding part in the great tragedy ...

I honestly found it hard to put it down, being as it deals with a very personal kind of panic and fear instead of the usual guts and gore. I think it was either free or dirt cheap in the Kindle shop, so I'll certainly now try to get the following books. Definitely recommended.

Cheers Cubs!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2014, 05:52:23 PM »
Hey!  New Zombie series!

Wranglers of Death!

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »
I've just finished a really compelling Zombie Apocalypse book on my Kindle. It's called 'Surviving the Evacuation, Book 1: London' by Frank Tayell and is a journal kept by a man left behind whilst the rest of London is evacuated.

Read this - and its first sequel - a while ago. Pretty good stuff. Lots of cheap or even free zombie books for Kindle.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
TBC the history channel show life without people goes into what happens to the reactors. TBH you should be more worried about oil storage facilities.

Cheers Scurv, must have missed that one.  Oil?  Guzzaline? :D

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
Caught up last night on the finale. Pretty superb episode. Rick just is pure Awesome badass and what a cliff hanger to end on dammit!
Screw the damn cliffhangers. I was so enthralled into the episode i didn't pay attention it hit 11 o'clock which means that damn cliffhanger ending was there. SonsAbitches. I knew it was coming but i hates cliffhangers.
Now i have to wait till October.
Who has there time machine handy? I need to go ahead in time. At least GoT starts back up this weekend. I got something to keep my attention for a bit.

Grimm

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »
yip it was a beautie for sure.....hurry up next season...
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »
yep best episode of the season, now if next season we can get more of this and less of EMO carl/rick we'll all be happier  :D

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
I was actually thinking that the last episode wasn't going to address Terminus at all, and leave us hanging.

Interesting development, I knew Terminus was flies to the web...
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »
Hey!  New Zombie series!

Wranglers of Death!

1st April bud......Moving on.

Really enjoyed the season finale. Knowing how Kirkman works I really had a heart in the mouth moment when Rick et al got jumped, I really thought Kirkman was going to kill Darryl off. I also thought the cannibal storyline was gonna come in from the books, but it was just the violence of the revenge from Rick.

I didnt see the final scene with everyone in the train car as anything but perfect timing. The Rick we see in the train car is the Rick the group need, his growth and evolution in the comic is such that he is totally badass as are the group.

Roll on season five. Also remember there's a spin off  WD series on the way too.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2014, 07:21:28 PM »
What I liked about the way the series ended was that it ended with Rick back to being Rick.  :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 38
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »
I'm guessing the BBQ ribs were the last visitors before this group....

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
I kept thinking where's Carol, Tyrese and Judith.... baby back ribs?  :-X

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
I kept thinking where's Carol, Tyrese and Judith.... baby back ribs?  :-X

I thought they opted out of Terminus...which left them open to act as reinforcements at 'just the right moment'! But they could very well be the blue plate special as well!