Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695797
  • Total Topics: 118720
  • Online Today: 366
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Nefarious Schemes of One Fram Framson (update 6/2 - Awooga)  (Read 92292 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Top stuff as always Fram.  :-*
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Many thanks for all the kind comments, folks. Going to see if I can keep things rolling a little bit better for now. I was working on some terrain projects but not half as hard as I like they're only about half done, so still lots of work to be done.

Great cultists! I like in particular the leader converted from the GW Lokhir Fellheart mini (the one with the squid helmet).

I was tickled that a simple weapon and hand swap could be used to change his genre entirely. It really is a great mini.  :D

Those cultists are great. Especially the first two leaders (who makes the middle one?)

The middle one is by Trollforged miniatures. Technically it was sculpted by the owner of Trollforged for the Mythos Foundry kickstarter run by Michael Brand, but Trollforged is able to sell it directly, or he was when I contacted him last year.

Nicely done Fram! 8)

I love the signs on their backs!
Very nicely painted cult (especially the robes) Fram, but shouldn't they be blue oysters rather than purple squid?

;D I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
I hadn't seen this thread in it's entirity. Absolutely fantastic through out.

: :-* :-* :-* that red dress. :-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God

Latest league. Another old one I'd been sitting on for a long time, this one is a more Lovecraftian/magical sort of league.

As a young boy seeking adventure, Józef Stanislaw Blazkowicz was crushingly disappointed when told he was too young to enlist in Piłsudski's Polish Legions during WWI. However, in 1919 recruiters were more apt to look the other way and so, finally, at 16 Józef was able to lie to join the Polish army.

Decorated twice and promoted to Sergeant while fighting the Soviets, Józef became idle and listless after the war's end with little idea of what to do next. While considering a possible career as a mercenary, he found new purpose when a distant uncle left him his library - a very unusual library, as it turned out. At first Józef worked alone, content in passive study adventuring abroad only to expand the library's holdings. Finally one day Józef learned how his uncle had known to leave his library to Józef, how his uncle had recognized latent talent in him and how he in turn could detect those talented few who might protect the world from the ominous forces which might obliterate it without so much as a thought.

Determined to gather allies to stand against the outer dark, Józef poses as an elite tutor for a charity-run private school, taking on students, and teaching them not just conventional subjects, but arcane science-beyond-science and the true history of the world.

Józef now travels with his old friend, the thoroughly un-mystical Scots mercenary Donald "Cashbox" Drummond, who Józef saved in East Africa and who now acts as a den mother and bodyguard to the students, as well as his two oldest students, Ljubka Mohorovicic, a Croat who had been living with her widowed mother, and Alberto Cubierre (and also Alberto's cat Jeremías), the prankster son of a Spanish bureaucrat.

Together they fight all sorts of unknowable things with tentacles!

EDIT: Drummond's a little rougher-looking because there was a mold line right across his face. It ran right over his EYE even. One of the worst mold lines I've ever had to deal with.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:39:00 AM by FramFramson »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Matt ,I do like what you've achieved with the clothing and the books,It's got me thinking (and that's never safe,or cheep)
Mark.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Matt ,I do like what you've achieved with the clothing and the books,It's got me thinking (and that's never safe,or cheep)
Mark.

My head's always full of ideas.

Most of them bad.  >:D

that waistcoat turned out smashing. That whole fig is one of your best.

That figure was by far one of my favourite sculpts to paint. The folds are a bit excessive, but it's just a fantastic figure overall.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:43:57 AM by FramFramson »

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Excellent work, I really like how the eyes turned out, great shading, fine freehand ornaments and an entertaining introduction - very well done!

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Full marks for the book, the waistcoat and the Argyll sweater, of course, but the whole lot works really well, including the less showy bits.  And I love the clingy cat.  Was that part of the original mini or did you add it?
Back from the dead, almost.

Online marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Fram,
I love the fabrics and the illustrated manuscript  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Another lovely team from Fram, well done, particularly very nice job on the sweater! That cat, is it a part of the figure or converted?

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Nice selection of minis and some truly outstanding paintjobs

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
Love the work on those; the f

Love the fabric patterns on those; I am totally in awe - maximum kudos. :)

Great re-purposing of the AT minis. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:23:07 PM by leonmallett »
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Bloody brilliant!
 :-* :-*

I always look forward to you posting a new team.
You never disappoint.
 8) 8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
You have a way with sweaters...the rest of the minis painted up in an equally OUTSTANDING manner. VERY WELL DONE!

My head's always full of ideas.

Most of them bad.  >:D

I have that problem myself. Most of the ideas rise to the surface like marsh gas around two or three in the morning; at that time of the day they all seem quite splendid & demand immediate attention...this may be yet another sign of imminent senility.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
WOW! Cracking mate! I love the back story. Its really setting up for some great games!

BTW i know the flash line must be frustrating, but in my humble opinion it makes the hardened Scot even harder looking!