Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cowgirls & Female Gunslingers: a pictorial survey  (Read 1873 times)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Cowgirls & Female Gunslingers: a pictorial survey
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
After completing the Annie Oakley's Wild West Show IHMN Company, I thought a survey of female Old West armed figures would be helpful. This is what I've come up with so far, and would appreciate any additions to the list I might have missed. Included are the only two Indian shamanesses/medicine women I have found (from Reaper and Bombshell).

The Female Huckster could have a pistol instead of cards in her right hand (in addition to her well-displayed derringer); the Gunslinger could obviously be used without her wings. Each Deadland Weapons and Accessories sprue set comes with a revolver in right hand, a revolver in left hand, a rifle (carbine) in right hand, and a shotgun in left hand. The pistol-with-bayonet (first from left) is in a right hand, and the multi-barreled pistol (2nd from left) is in a left hand. The Arc pistol (?) (3rd from left) is in a right hand.  

And just for fun:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:49:17 PM by oabee »
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Re: Cowgirls & Female Gunslingers: a pictorial survey
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:52:38 PM »
If you're looking for a realistic portrayal of the Cowgirls in a Victorian Wild West Show, you won't find the proper miniatures here. See below:

Offline Silbuster

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »
There are these from Eureka Miniatures in the fantasy and science fiction/ cultists, fantasy and miscellaneous section.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
Haven't read yr company list so don't know if this would fit in or not, but (despite the high pricetag) I've always wanted to grab this young lady from Studio McVey to lead a gang of Cowgirls for my IHMN games.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 01:18:57 AM »
Haven't read yr company list so don't know if this would fit in or not, but (despite the high pricetag) I've always wanted to grab this young lady from Studio McVey to lead a gang of Cowgirls for my IHMN games.

My Company features Annie Oakley (yeah, the real Annie, Little Miss Sure Shot) leading an all-girl Wild West Show as a cover for their operations for the US Secret Service. Find it here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=64565.0

The McVey figure is awesome  :-*, and there is no reason it couldn't be worked into any number of Companies given a suitable back-story and, of course, stats for the dino.

A worthy addition to our compendium of cowgirls.

Mike O